So I remember years ago for SF1 someone made a mod for the speech engine stuff that added in more lines on inactivated dialogue. Most memorably azimuth/clock calls from wingmen directing you toward SAM launches.

Anyway, I was perusing through the SPEECHTEXT.STR file tonight and found some rather interesting entries. Let's just go to the highlights shall we?

Taxiing out?

Tower, taxi to runway 36, taxi to runway 3, taxi to runway 6, taxi to runway 9, taxi to runway 12, taxi to runway 15, taxi to runway 18, taxi to runway 21, taxi to runway 24, taxi to runway 27, taxi to runway 30, taxi to runway 33, wind 000, wind 030, wind 060, wind 090, wind 120, wind 150, wind 180, wind 210, wind 240, wind 270, wind 300, wind 330, at 5. at 10. at 15. at 20. at 25. Altimeter 28 89. Altimeter 28 90. Altimeter 28 91. Altimeter 28 92. Altimeter 28 93. Altimeter 28 94. Altimeter 28 95. Altimeter 28 96. Altimeter 28 97. Altimeter 28 98. Clear for take-off, change to departure. Clear for take-off, contact departure. Cleared for take-off, contact departure. Clear to land. Cleared to land. Check wheels down, clear to land. Runway 36 in use. Runway 3 in use. Runway 6 in use. Runway 9 in use. Runway 12 in use. Runway 15 in use. Runway 18 in use. Runway 21 in use. Runway 24 in use. Runway 27 in use. Runway 30 in use. Runway 33 in use.

FAC Stuff..

Be advised, we're getting only light small-arms fire from the area. Be advised, we're getting some automatic-weapons fire from the area. Be advised, we're getting heavy anti-aircraft fire from the area. tally, I'm your 12 o'clock, I'm your 1 o'clock, I'm your 2 o'clock, I'm your 3 o'clock, I'm your 4 o'clock, I'm your 5 o'clock, I'm your 6 o'clock, I'm your 7 o'clock, I'm your 8 o'clock, I'm your 9 o'clock, I'm your 10 o'clock, I'm your 11 o'clock, I'm your 12 o'clock low, I'm your 1 o'clock low, I'm your 2 o'clock low, I'm your 3 o'clock low, I'm your 4 o'clock low, I'm your 5 o'clock low, I'm your 6 o'clock low, I'm your 7 o'clock low, I'm your 8 o'clock low, I'm your 9 o'clock low, I'm your 10 o'clock low, I'm your 11 o'clock low, rocking my wings now. rocking wings now. rocking my wings. in to mark target. in to mark, where my rocket goes will be the target. in to mark target with smoke rocket. got you in sight, cleared hot. you're cleared hot. cleared hot. keep your heads down. incoming, keep your heads down. copy. copy that. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the north only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the northeast only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the east only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the southeast only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the south only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the southwest only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the west only. you're restricted to a run-in heading to the northwest only. Outstanding! Right on the mark! Hit it right on the mark! That's it!  Right on the mark! you're off to the north. you're off to the northeast. you're off to the east. you're off to the southeast. you're off to the south. you're off to the southwest. you're off to the west. you're off to the northwest.

Congrats to the "Little Friends"/or not

tally, nice to see you guys. tally, glad to have you in sight. tally, thanks for joining us. fence check. we have SAM launch. SAM launch. we're encountering heavy flak. heavy flak in the area. encountering heavy flak. approaching target, 5 minutes out. we're approaching our target, 5 minutes. 5 minutes to our target. commencing bombing run. starting our attack run. we're starting our attack run. we're in hot. we're going in hot. going in hot. we're in hot, FAC in sight. we're off. thanks for the cover! thanks for the cover, see you back at home base! thanks for the support, have a safe trip home! we're under attack, requesting immediate assistance. we're under attack, we need assistance. we're coming under attack, request assistance. we're under attack! Repeat - we're under attack!  Requesting assistance, NOW! we're taking damage! We need immediate assistance! we're taking heavy damage! Requesting assistance, NOW! we're unable to continue, aborting mission. unable to continue, aborting mission. be advised, we're aborting mission and returning to base. we're moving out. we're heading out. we're moving toward the objective. we've got enemy tanks, we've got enemy troops, north of our position. northeast of our position. east of our position. southeast of our position. south of our position. southwest of our position. west of our position. northwest of our position. we're under attack, requesting immediate assistance. we're under attack, we need assistance. we're coming under attack, request assistance. we're under attack! Repeat - we're under attack!  Requesting assistance, NOW! we're taking damage!  Requesting assistance, NOW! we've taken our objective, thanks for the cover! we've secured our objective, thanks for the support! we are the objective area, thanks for the cover! they're retreating!  Repeat, they're retreating!  Thanks for the cover! we've got them on the run!  Thanks for the cover! the enemy is retreating!  Thanks for the support! we're retreating!  I repeat, we're retreating! we're taking heavy casualties, we're retreating! we're coming under heavy fire, we have to retreat!

So... the question is, do we have these resources and how do we get them working? I'm totally lost, but I want to help. Where should we start?

Edited by CowboyTodd41

I think the FAC stuff was deactivated when FAC was removed from the game. I doubt it can be readded. Would be cool though.

99% of those were never activated; all the FAC calls (expecially from ground forces) are left over from 1stGens; like WK said, FAC no longer exists

What i would like is something as simple as an identifying text showing who calls what on the radio:

[Cobra 1-1]: Fox Three!

or 

[Zebra 2-1] I'm taking damage!

• Like 1