Can anyone tell me what .cat archive has the .fx files?

they're locked now... since NA came out I think (?)

they're locked now... since NA came out I think (?)

Bummer. I was hoping to look at the envCloud.fx file.

Hey Stary - Any chance you or anyone else figured out how to get clouds showing below 10K feet?

Thanks for those, Stary. And thanks for the update.

Anyone remember from which patch level cloud altitude and max object viewing distance started to be hard coded ? I'm curious to see if mixing DLL from different patch levels might work.

Anyone remember from which patch level cloud altitude and max object viewing distance started to be hard coded ? I'm curious to see if mixing DLL from different patch levels might work.

I tried but it caused CTDs in my case; it was Dec2010-B patch I think

Damn, thanks, I don't even think I have that old a version left in storage. -_-

that's why I keep backups of backed backups of original installers

and I must add that flying on Dec 2010 install (Exp2 level) with clouds as these were back in the old days is really different experience

• Like 1

I don't think there's a problem raising them "up" from the @10K limit. It's getting them "below" 10K that is a problem.

It's possible to have a terrain-specific environmentsystem.ini. So mountainous terrains could have clouds at a higher level and flatter terrains could have them lower at the discretion of the modder. It's an incredibly easy adjustment. Why can't we just have that?

I used to, but I had to cull some non essential files for lack of available spares and apparently some of my oldest TW archives didn't make the cut (or at least they're not indexed any more).