Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Operation Rabid Dingo (working name)

Ok as mentioned, my Kamchatka campaign is on hold. However, as also mentioned, I have a COIN campaign for pfunk's awesome little Archipelago in the works.

October 2014. The Tuatanu People's Communist Party for Solidarity and Strength has staged a
rebellion throughout the archipelago and quickly seized control of the northern islands thanks to stockpiles of
weapons hidden following the war in 1992 and alleged North Korean assistance. Following an official request from the Prime Minister
of Tuatanu, elements of the Australian Defense Force are deployed to the archipelago to assist in COIN operations.

Yeah, I know pfunk has the map set up for the 1940s-1962. But it looks well set up for COIN. I'll do some minor fidgeting with the targets to get some SAMs, bunkers and commie hidey-holes.

So far I only have one squadron set up. RAAF 1 Squadron flying F/A-18Fs. Don't what what else to add apart from RAAF transports and tankers. We do have an RAAF Airbus somewhere right? May add some North Korean MiGs just for fun. Would also like to add civil aviation some how. Neutral country perhaps? Wrench, you had that figured that out right?

Once I get it running, I'm going to need someone with more time available than me to test it.

there is an Airbus 310 in the Gen1 section. Hows your skinning skills?  also Dels C-130s come originally in RAAF markings.  Also might want to look at a light attack version of the PC-9. final suggestion is that if your gonna have Airbus support, might want to use the legacy Hornets. Super Bugs i think are being used more for A2A and deep strike as a F-111 replacement. plus they would have buddy refuel capabilty.

My skinning skills? What's a skin? Yeah that's how bad they are. Luckily I found an RAAF skin for the A310.

I'll check out the PC-9. I'm going use the Airbus and Super Bugs because I'm only going to have a total of 6 deployed and I doubt one would be used as a refueler with such limited numbers.

Well had a thought since last post bout launching 1 or 2 more than needed for mission with one of the tanks being a buddy store. Guys not needed top off the others then go home. Air spare/refueler. Would also point out the UH-1H in the d/l sevtion is an Aussie gunship, but not sure if still in service. Overall sounds interesting...

I thought about adding helicopters, but I work on them for a living so I need some sort of escape from rotary wings!

• Like 1

Need some help with the ground campaign. That's always been my issue with campaign building.

Decided to revive this campaign. It's serving as my test bed for playing with ground war routes since usually I just change units and types around. I've received permission from PFunk to mod the Archipelago terrain which I'm looking forward to. Haven't played with targeting for a while so it'll refresh my memory on that too.

I've added helicopters as well. FRPignon has shown their feasibility in campaigns and helis are a must in a COIN campaign.

So, this is pretty much my test bed for creating a campaign from scratch.

• Like 1

pfunk has the map set up for the 1940s-1962

in the main ini .... a simple text edit will fix that right up!!

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=1945

EndDate=2050

I've changed up that. I meant more in regard to targets and layout.