Been asking. Also waiting on an answer about transferring files from Max 12 to Blender to Max 09. If THAT'S possible it will be one of my first 3d models

I’ve been reworking a P-40B Pit that Stary gave me, the file is a ‘MAX2009’ and I’m converting it to Max9. To do this the original had to be exported as a .obj file and I also have been importing meshes from a exported .3ds copy. Each file type has different errors going ‘Backward Compatible’ and the amount of work involved is immense, I firmly believe that it’s faster to just make a new one as I did with the P-40E pit. I’m going to finish the ‘B’ pit because of the time already spent on the project, but I won’t do an other. It’s just to time consuming.

Photos are:

3ds.

Obj.

Wip

post-300-0-45835700-1378841072_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-39431800-1378841085_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-33163300-1378841093_thumb.jpg

Daddy...use the FBX plugin  it exports anims ,heirachy etc...from 2012 to 2009 or max 9...IIRC you can select backwards compatability with the exporter as to what version you export back to....cant access my pc atm as we moving so on lappy

Russ , Stary exported me a .fbx first and max9 just gave me an error, Maybe he missed a setting or something ?

thanks all for the advice.  given a few of my desired choices for projects do currently exist at that other site, do expect many public posts when i do start!!

that will be a bit tho, given the workload for school. not too long i hope as i am transferring to Wake Tech next year to get back into my Sim and Game Design degree. my current school dropped that and i am just finishing up Gen Ed while waiting to afford the commute. 

Russ , Stary exported me a .fbx first and max9 just gave me an error, Maybe he missed a setting or something ?

I cant recall settings on export...but I think it was stock settings...julhelm is tha man to ask.