Sign in to follow this  
Boresight

Where's the stock aircraft's 'Cockpit.ini' file?

Hello everyone,

While I'm flying for example the F-4 Phantoms even during day time, in some angles in relation to the sun light, the cockpit instrumentation gets somewhat dark.

Therefore, after searching the forum, I've found advices about changing certain parameters at the aircraft's Cockpit.ini files.

However, the only aircrafts who seam to have this file, are only the add-on aircraft.

Where can I find the stock aircraft's Cockpit.ini?

Thank you.

You need to use the Cat extractor to pull the cockpit.ini's out of ObjectData008.  The F-4E, B, E and J are all in ObjectData008.

• Like 1

Hello NeverEnough,

I'm now reading the tutorials on how to use the Cat extractor, and will try to use it tomorrow.

Thank you for the detailed info.

Similar, yet different problem is severe stormy weather, everything "glows" (instruments exterior plane shots, etc) what's that about?

St. Elmo's fire

Edited by Stick

Well, everything went just great, and so I've managed to use the CAT extractor just like NeverEnough said.

In my case, I got the best results in obtaining the best cockpit light at night and/or dark environments, by tweaking with the:

NightLightColor ; NightLightOn and LightRange parameters at the ' COCKPIT.INI ' files.

I leave photos below just to compare the differences.

Thank you again, NeverEnough!

post-80702-0-21408800-1380990733_thumb.jpg

post-80702-0-37051900-1380990764_thumb.jpg