MigBuster

Now hes gone................

Lets put the start button back  :beach:

Microsoft has released the Windows 8.1 update for its flagship operating system.

The download seeks to address some of the criticisms levelled at the original version of Windows 8.

In particular, the update restores the start button and allows a computer to boot up with a traditional desktop interface.

The launch comes at a critical time for Microsoft as it seeks a new boss, with PC sales experiencing a long decline.

Windows 8 sought to bridge the gap between touchscreen devices, such as tablets and smartphones, and more traditional form laptops and desktop machines. As such it had an interface built of tiles that could be tapped or swiped to open applications.

However, many people found the tiled interface did not work well for some of the things they were used to doing with a computer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24564738

And now what... do we (who was forced to pay for Win 8 OEM with a new laptop) receive this stuff for free??

Anyway, I am using ClassicShell since P-Day )))

Edited by Snailman

About time.

I got a new laptop with W8 two days back.

I just downloaded the update. It's not the start button of old, it does the same thing putting the mouse in the bottom corner does on regular windows 8 and switches you to the tabs screen only now it's a button always there.

Thats it? Then I keep with classic-shell and start menu )