Sign in to follow this  
CrazyhorseB34

Ok Dave.... Convince us.

Dude, make a tutorial about which DCS module to get first and in what order we should install them. I am not too impressed with the P-51's and Vietnam era UH-1's flying over Georgia silliness, but I am willing to give it another try. I have Warthog and World. Now tell me and others what to do with them.

I would love to answer that Jamie however this will degenerate into giant pissing contest. People will try to make comparisons to SF2 and they are apple and oranges IMHO. They are two completely different sims altogether. So I can call you and explain it if you would like. 

I can do that,

Download DCS World which is free. Install it then install the modules in any order you want. I have them all so install in this order.

1. DCS World (which comes with the SU-25T for free)

2. A-10C

3. Black Shark 2

4. Combined Arms

5. Flaming Cliffs 3

6. P-51D

7. Huey

8. Mi-8

Now since I have Flaming Cliffs 3 you need to have LOMAC installed. But that will be going away really soon as the aircraft in FC3 are becoming separate modules. The beauty of the separate modules is that if you only want the A-10A and the F-15C then thats all you need to install into DCS World. I know some who only have DCS World and the A-10A and are happy as clams. Its all up to you on installing what you want. 

So should I just uninstall what I got now. Then reinstall in that order? Because what I have now is a mess.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

A full clean install never hurts. What modules do you have?

Warthog and World. World did not exist when I bought Warthog. I am completely reinstalling and letting them update.

There is now a self update feature too. So once they are installed, if there is an update it lets you know. 

The P-51s a great challenge - the switchology is very easy because there really isn't much - but flying it is really difficult - and not just engine management - just turning the thing without spin or yaw - if this is an accurate representation it certainly gives you more of an appreciation what pilots had to put up with.

The training missions in the campaign where you fly through gates are great laugh - and also a big upside is I can recreate all those fancy moves from the dogfights series.

The P-51s a great challenge - the switchology is very easy because there really isn't much - but flying it is really difficult - and not just engine management - just turning the thing without spin or yaw - if this is an accurate representation it certainly gives you more of an appreciation what pilots had to put up with.

The training missions in the campaign where you fly through gates are great laugh - and also a big upside is I can recreate all those fancy moves from the dogfights series.

I remember playing chuck yeagers sim (one of many) and the P-51 on that was a bitch too just pull up and stall you go. You had to really baby that damn thing to get her to go where you needed her too. So its cool that DCS would do the same thing too.