Wrench

Upload Issue: pasting text for uploads

seem to be having some problems copy/pasting text into the Description section of the SF2 uploads

the file (zip) and picture go up and attach just fine, but I'm unable to copy and paste the descriptive text from the read me into the field.

Tried all the buttons, past, copy as plane text, copy from Word. Nothing seem to be working

It's very ood!!

thanks!

Having problems here too trying to add photos to posts.  Seems to have begun right after installing MS IE 11.

got the text In using Chrome (which I don't particularly like in the way it displays stuff)

still, damn odd my IE wouldn't work!

It's still doing it ... I can't even copy/paste from INSIDE CA (like a iink to a KB post) from one forum to another.

using IE 11

(=which I DIDN"T know I had!!! Triple cursed Windowns auto-update gave that to me!!)

does thise mean the board software is off, or me??

Edited by Wrench

I don't understand. Can you describe your steps that are presenting this problem? There's no reason the copy / paste feature is broken and certainly the links to posts should be working. 

Test:

Right Click Features:

http://combatace.com/topic/80505-upload-issue-pasting-text-for-uploads/?do=findComment&comment=643758

Highlight / CTRL+C / CTRL+V

(=which I DIDN"T know I had!!! Triple cursed Windowns auto-update gave that to me!!)

I'll wait to hear from you seems to be working for me.

ok.

Highlighted the text with the moose, either from a txt (readme) or a post -even tried yours above- , right clicked, "copy",  and then using either the "Paste as Plain text" or "Paste" button, I get the cursor (the vertical line thingy when typing) , but the text won't insert or paste into the response window

even tried quoting your first lines, but no go!

I was running IE10 and updated to IE11. I can duplicate this problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I tried lowering my privacy settings and IE11 won't allow access to the clipboard. Leave it to M$ to ruin a wet dream. I'll see what I can come up with. I personally use chrome, it's fast, robust, and despite what other people say it can be a very private browser if you dial back the access google has to it in the settings. I'll let you know what I find out about IE11.

thanks Erik, you RULE!!!

The latest update of IE11 broke our editor. I installed a patch that will make it compatible. Should be fixed.

I don't understand. Can you describe your steps that are presenting this problem? There's no reason the copy / paste feature is broken and certainly the links to posts should be working.

yup!! all working now!!!

many thank man!!