Sign in to follow this  
beachav8r

Indiscriminate flak...

Had a good chuckle at this one last night. This F-4 was pursuing this MiG-19 over a heavily defended port area. The flak was intense. As I was watching, the F-4 was easing into position behind the MiG when suddenly the MiG was hit by a piece of flak intended for the F-4.. Doh!

FLAK.jpg

Pretty cool that that randomness of flak is modeled and that there is no magic formula buried in the code that protects friendlies..

BeachAV8R

• Like 2

While testing the Iran/Iraq build I am working on I was tasked with air defence supression while flying for the Iraqi air force Su-20Bs. So I gear up my flight of eight (!) Fitters with RBK-250 and 500 cluster bombs, UB-32 rocked pods, S-24 heavy unguided rockets and whatnot. Result: I get shot down instantly when we go over the ridgeline that surrounded that target line, and in a matter of a couple of minutes my whole flight is downed by flak. So radar laid guns can be pretty devastating sometimes. But more often than not it's just "Oh look, fireworks, guess I'm over enemy territory then"  :biggrin:

• Like 1

I'm using Eburger's/Malibu's excellent AAA flak mod which is to my suprise working quite realistically, in the way I've seen several planes being hit by it, but not alot

You can make the flak pretty lethal - the SF2 eburger packs improve it a lot.

I'm using Eburger's/Malibu's excellent AAA flak mod which is to my suprise working quite realistically, in the way I've seen several planes being hit by it, but not alot

I'm wondering if that mod isn't bundled into one of the components of my install. Since eburger and malibu have both worked on various aspects of part of my install A-6 Superpak and Ground War expansion..I'd bet it is. Seems like the flak does pretty good... In any case, it is damn scary when it comes out of nowhere and starts blasting all around! <g>

BeachAV8R

Eburger's Vietnam expansion does give you the "Captain Insano" flak option.

That's great. Sometime's it's tough to know what cumulatively has been wrapped up in these bigger mods (unless you read the entire changelog..which I usually skim, but didn't remember seeing it mentioned there..) Good to know.. And thanks eburger for the awesome flak!

BeachAV8R