Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

Anyone know what is in the G1.DAT file?

Inside the "BULLETOBJECT.INI" file is this entry "BallisticData=G1.dat". Anyone know what is in the "G1.DAT" file that is referenced?

This is all I see when I look at it with a HexEditor and a notepad see the same thing except for the dots.

......?....Ôš†>Ž–_>..ö>–>%?.x)?.A&?<b!?Hy.?.é.?¡ê.?4….?'..?Z9.?*@.?.›.?.<.?³..?‚).?¡g.?ÇÐ.?kZ.?‡ù.?í¨.?li.?.'.?Ûî.?³Á.?°..?Í..?Âe.?)L.?Ö7.?

I was hoping that if it is possible to determine what is that file then maybe a modified version of it, or an INI file that "BallisticData=" points to, could be created that would fix the issue with gun ballistics in game.

I think that you would need the editor that genarate's. the G1.dat like the gun and weapons editors do? I don't think we have one, ask TK

Edited by RAVEN

I allways thought G1.dat holds bullets and other objects gravity influence (drop) aswell as drag formulas; unmoddable

Got a ballisticdata.exe on my HD... I think I got it from the thirdwire forum. But really gotta gone off the deep end to wanna edit that one I suppose.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

you could allways post it here, hint hint hint

Got a ballisticdata.exe on my HD... I think I got it from the thirdwire forum. But really gotta gone off the deep end to wanna edit that one I suppose.

Thanks to Do355's comment above I found the topic with the file in it over at the ThirdWire Forums.

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7398&hilit=ballisticdata.exe

Edit: If you download the ballisticdata.exe program get the one on the last page of the thread. 

Edit 2: The G1.DAT editor is by HoneyFox and I don't see it listed under utilities in ether the SF1 or SF2 download section.

Edited by KJakker

rgr that Stary... (same one on KJakker's link)

Edited by Do335