Sign in to follow this  
Rends

SF2E&NA is there a way to keep both AWACS&Tactical C. Center voices?

Just noticed after the merged install of NA into Europe that the female voice of the TCC was replaced by the male AWACS voice.

Is there a way to keep both voices so i have the male one in NA and the female in Europe?

Rends

I think the entries are the same, so you can keep either of them...  I would be happy to get the female voice also. OR instead of the male voice)

I´m a step further.

The voices depends on your Aircraft you are using.

With a (NA) F-14 over Germany i get the male AWACs voice but a (SF2E) PhantomII over Iceland get the female voice

But what about modded voices?

I used the a modified Version of SkateZilles AWACS voices and put the wav files into the Speech Folder located at:

C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Speech

but then i get the male voice everywhere. How to prevent this?

In the maingame Speech Folder there are four entries in the  speech Folder located at C:\Spiele\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Speech

called Speech

SpeechText

SpeechTextUSN

SpeechUSN

I have the male anywhere (except for soviets because of a mod) with a Full5 merged. Although I never start other exes other than NA...

You (EDIT: "I", having a vanilla install) get Hawkeye if  flying for the USN in any terrain, and Red Crown flying for any other service. The funny thing is that Red Crown was, IIRC, the callsign or codename of the PIRAZ cruisers in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Vietnam War, so it would have been the voice of a male Sailor. Navy jokes aside.

Edited by macelena

Guess i got it sorted.

I created a SpeechUSN folder within the Speech Directory and copy the modded files there.

So i have the female over Germany and the modded AWACS over North Atlantic (still depends what aircraft you are flying . see above)

Rends

BTW: starting always the SF2 Europe exe

Edited by Rends
  • Like 1