Sign in to follow this  
Rends

Water towers on german airfields real?

Well i have never seen Water towers ( correct term?) on german airfields but that doesn't mean that they really exsist esp. on US bases in germany.

I for myself find them out of place in Germany. Maybe someone can sheed some lights here?

Rends

The default airbase layouts in this series (with the exception of those in SF2:NA), are shared across all terrains, with the exception of one airfield type, and that one's unique to the Desert terrain in SF2. So you can pretty much call them "generic" airbases, as they do not really represent the layout of real bases that they may be named after, in the VietnamSEA, GermanyCE, or IsraelME terrains.

and as a rule, the airfields match NO Real World ™ civilian OR military bases. An exceedingly sore point for those few of us trying to introduce the Real World ™ into the game.

if it offends you, open the targets ini of whatever terrain you like,, locate all the airbases (search = 'runway'), go line by line and rename the watertower1 to xwatertower1. but do that ONLY for airbases -- they tend to appear all over the place (cities, ports, supply depots, army bases, amusement parks, etc)

Ok,

Is there an object i can use instead? Like a radiotower or something like this?

Thx,

Rends

for example these:

GuardTower1

Radio_Tower

antenne

these are names I found in one of terrain's _TYPES.ini which defines types of ground structures; the said terrain is North Vietnam from Eburger&Malibu Expansion so it might be some of them are not stock objects

Ok, thx guys.

Will try it out later.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Rends

'guardtower1' is a stock item on all terrains. the other are not

the 'radio_tower' may be the "amradiotower' from the ww2 terrains, and has some scale issues (like being over 100m tall)

'antenna' could be any of several things; a skeletal type tower (from ObjectLibrary1, aka "a45radioantenn") or the microwave relay tower or dish or at least 3 items from "The Factory Place"

Of course, there a few airfield mods out there that are realistic, such as Armour Dave and Gepard's Korat RTAF:

img00342.JPG

• Like 1