Sign in to follow this  
TSMcQueen

DAT B-26b and 06 level installs...

Ok...I did a "search". Didn't find anything so sorry if this has been asked about before...I'm sure it has.  :biggrin: Is there a fix out there to get the DAT B-26b working in an 06 level install? It is causing CTDs and I really NEED a B-26. TIA!

Dose it CTD if you start in the air? What map is CTD on?

Edited by RAVEN

This goes back a long way, but I seem to recall that there was a problem with the longer distance LODs on the B-26, and the fix was to edit the B-26.INI file to use only the main B-26.LOD, like this:

[LOD001]
Filename=B-26.LOD
Distance=250

[LOD002]
Filename=B-26.LOD
Distance=500

[LOD003]
Filename=B-26.LOD
Distance=8000

Try that and see if it works.

Thanks for the replies. Gatling20...no go. I had already tried just one lod , but not that particular combination. Raven...starting in air. CTD at 100%. This is on the new WWII Euro map. Base size is set to Medium. 

I'm not sure what B-26 you have, I have a B-26 Marauder, works OK and a B-26k (moded to a. A-26) had to jack the tire radius on it . I uploaded a fix for that one.IIRC the 1 lod was for SFP-1 Gold.

Edited by RAVEN

Raven. Its the ATeam B-26B. I just got it off their site a few days ago. It DOES work in my 08 level installs...just not @ the 06 patch level. 

That's odd, You try changing Airfield to Small just for a go?

ya know, if you went to SF2, you'd have 2 brand new ones -- a B (gun nose) and C (glass nose) we made for KAW. And I redid for WW2

unfortunately, since they were built in max 09, they don't work in 1stGens, as the lods are Unicode. But they're GREAT models!

I'll second the above input....................Outstanding 26's!..................... Best Korea era combat around for sim flyers!

NIELS :biggrin:

Thanks for all the replies. Its the Martin B-26 version I was interested in, not the Douglas. :)

the one is the SF2 WW2 planes is Veltro's original, with some reworking by me.

Should work fine, other than converting the jpg skins back to bmp. Obviously, some statements in the data ini won't be functional, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work

ps: should have said "Marauder" in the first post!!