Sign in to follow this  
swell

Ocean Terrain water problem

First of all thanks to Stary and JonathanRL!

Just one question, Why is Ocean_data.ini is so diferent from other terrains?

I ask this, because, due to my weak graphic card, in other terrains, I have to change water characteristics just to have acceptable water, and normally changing somethings in xxxterrainxxx_DATA.ini solve the problem, but in this terrain I don't know what to change, Changing ocean_water.bmp is not enough.

I hope someone can help me

Thanks

The Terrain is LOD based, just like the Terrain in SF2: North Atlantic. And since the terrain is literally only water I am afraid there is not much to change; The NA Water Shaders are a hog on the system. I do not know of a good way to get around that.

Edited by JonathanRL

What JRL says, it's the LOD-type terrain which is to be honest completely empty, and given our lack of knowledge regarding the entries NA brought I sort of made it in the dark by trails&errors

So if you  have weak graphics card there sadly isn't much that can be done except, there was epty terrain by I can't say for sure whom (NeverEnought?) for series1 that in theory could work the similar way albeit would require some additional tweaks to be fully useable in NA level