Hi I just discovered SF2 like this week! Hard to believe I I know? Especially having played/mod'ed IL2 series since its launch.

So I am thrilled to find this program with just as great a modding community as IL2

Its the Jets that attracted me and the slow additions of "Jets" il2 made me search for a new sim etc.

So I'm ecstatic to find fabulous aircraft like the Voodoo and star fighter F-104 etc.

I have so far this week managed to get a fully working SF2/SF2V/SF"E/SF" Israel working with the superb community patch working (and I have to say its been no fun at all, a real bitch and hit and miss affair)

I must have spent 3 days solid reading the knowledge base etc, So it is with great reluctance that I am here now asking any questions as I would have liked to figured this one out without bothering you guys but...

I have the superb Voodoo's installed in Israel ( I figured this was the latest and best chance of working folder to use?)

When I choose to fly a Voodoo , only the voodoo 101-C recon (no weapons available on that one) shows up on the runway! working and flyable complete with cockpit and outside view full model? and here's the strange bit, all other models, load, and go to the game, runway but no plane showing or cockpit?!!! The game appears to be running with full sound and all other AI aircraft (except ANY Voodoo's) I could post a picture of an empty runway but what's the point you get it right?

Any idea what the problem might be, I have the basic Voodoo then the "mega Voodoo pack installed. All show in the setup menu, all load normally but don't show up in game please help!

I have_ SF2 SF" Europe, Vietnam, Israel, Community pack mod

p/s this problem has been the same whichever version it is installed in

Asus P8Z77-VLX

i7 Quad core intel

16GB Corsair

2x NVidia 630's (I know)

Win 7 64 bit

many many THX in Advance to all modding Gods!

Are the .lod's in all the VooDoo folders? First thing that came to mind.

HI Vertex Slave, THANKYOU! for replying, Yes I just checked ALL the Voodoo Aircraft and Decal folders and there appear to be many .lods in there about 6 lods ? I wish I knew how to take a screen shot so you could see.

I also checked the original mega pack and the voodoo V2 final which I downloaded at the same time. its really strange that only the recon 101-B is working/showing in game, when all the other file structures appear to be identical inside?

I was up till 2am this morning tying to figure it? I did manage to learn to change/add a skin to the working one after re reading "Migbusters" excellent knowledge base etc but I still get no voodoo's that can carry weapons.

must be a .3d issue if im getting no "3D image in game? maybe?

I,m going to try re loading the Voodoo's from scratch, I can only think its a download issue as I have put just about every other plane available in the game now without issue?

Thanks again any ideas more than welcome

OK, I did a total reload of the voodoo and then voodoo mega pack, and got the same result ie; all Aircraft :airplane: show in the setup planning menu etc, but none in game? :angry:

I then looked into the SF2 base file ie; C:progamfiles (X86) /Thirdwire /objects /Decal  (YES I KNOW THIS IS NOT NOT NOT!  where you put your mods)  BUT ...in the Decals file in there it showed the Starfighter decals, which worked from the first install, SO as a last resort I dropped all the voodoo decal files in there and f me! It worked!!! I now have all the Voodoo's working but hey, come on,

Its been drilled into me from the first read of all the knowledge base, that the mods ONLY go into the saved games thirdwire folders etc (win 7) SO what gives?

I still say this is a real bitch of a game to mod compared with IL2 or any other "Open" sim out there? I,m bothering to post this in the hope that it will help other frustrated newbie's? :baby:

I really would still like to know WTF though?

thank you again Migbusters :big_boss: for your superb work and Vertex Slave for taking the trouble to reply.

I hope a real SF" Expert can answer this oddball?

All great stuff. :air_kiss:

"Persecute him, Kill the non believer! "well he did say Jehovah"?

Did you turn off the cloaking device? :lol:

Take a screenshot of the contents of your aircraft folder.

Thanks stick, but being a "Newbie" to SF2 I was making all the newbie mistakes (im allowed right?) I have since installed SF2 North Atlantic and everything has come good now.

SUPERB choice of Aircraft Fabulous mods, im currently adding stuff daily thanks to this great site!

Too Much Fun

Cheers