Sign in to follow this  
ace

Unrealistic engine off issue?

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place, Anyone can tell me how to get a realistic engine shutdown sound and how to make it work?

after I have landed and taxied to the base I switch the engine off, and it just go's silent instantly, really lame,cray.gif.pagespeed.ce.e7zcGoJNnJ.gif  so any fix appreciatedair_kiss.gif.pagespeed.ce.aqawK372AL.gif bowdown2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hVyLpGCsBI.gif

Unfortunately it's going to be lame until TK decides to make it better.

Originally, the game didn't even have the ability to stop the engine or turn off the radar.

Be happy with what you have.

• Like 2

Blimey :blackeye:  sorry I asked! :blowup:  back to the far superior IL2 then EH? :flyer:

SF game engine is not being updated anymore. If you don't like the way it works now, you are never going to like it. If IL-2 makes you happier, don't waste your time on SF. 

Hey ace

There was nothing wrong with your question.....and there is nothing wrong with asking questions.

Seems odd to me to have someone who has clearly moved on to other platforms poke their head in here and take a shot at you for asking a fair question......perhaps wherever SE has been hanging out lately they aren't as civil towards each other as people still are over here in the SF2 forums

• Like 1

What was offensive or inaccurate in my original answer that merited a response like "sorry I asked" ?

Is it odd for someone who has been flying a sim since its original release and privately beta tested it for the developer for years to provide answers about that sim?

I have answered and will continue to answer questions about any sim I have sufficient knowledge to provide an accurate answer.

Just check my posts.

I can and have told how to get Jane's Fighters Anthology running on Windows 7 64-bit even though I stopped flying it with any regularity once I had Jane's USAF.

I can do the same for Jane's USAF if someone ever asks.

Because:

1) I still have these sims installed and running on my latest PC.

2) I have no problem sharing knowledge to help others getting them to run.

3) As far as I know there are no forum police preventing me from doing so just because I have moved on to another sim.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

I guess TK's either on vacation, happy with where the Game is now or most likely and I'm hoping, working on the next best version of Strike Fighters. Would've been nice to have a couple of basic things though like Engine shut down, Fuel Tank release and even low altitude sound.  But I guess it would've pushed the cost up so much Third Wire would go bankrupt...Uh, Right.

Edited by Spectre8750

Hey Streakeagle .....I don't think anyone would argue your level of experience or your contributions to the combat flightsim community, you have the well earned respect of most of the community including from myself......I found your response to the OP to be very abrupt and dismissive which I always feel is un-necessary and un-helpfull, especially when the questions are coming from a relatively new member to the community.

When people ask questions about limitations of this platform we need to encourage them to understand the limitations and work around the frustrations that we all share on many levels with this platform....... But to tell new members to be happy with what you get or go back to where you came from........sorry, but with all due respect you are not helping to support this platform.

And that's what this forum is for