I might add some more routes to the movement.ini of the GermanyCE Terrain.

but before doing this i need to make sure not to mess up the file.

First question about start and End Areas .

Example:

[Route004]

RouteType=GROUND_ATTACK

StartArea=Schwerin

EndArea=Lübeck

RoutePosition[001]=497000.0,753000.0

RoutePosition[002]=525000.0,739000.0

I read that Start area must be one side (Red in this case) and EndArea blue side (Lübeck)

But if i check the route in TFD tool it doesn't mean that start and end positions are Close to one of the towns.

In this case it's just a short part in the middle between towns)

So is it possible to add a route but the Start town isn't near to the route?

Example: if i want a route on the Island (marked red) and create a route (yellow) will this work if i set the StartArea to Wismar and the endArea to Lübeck?

post-86717-0-33254600-1394577868_thumb.jpg

Next question.

In the first example the Type is set to Ground_attack but there arn't' any Position for the defenders? Are the Defender Unit positions created by the game engine without adding any entries?

And last question.

Are there Limits how many Routes and Route positions can be added to the movement.ini?

Edit:

One more.

Can i add groundattack routes further west ( for an ongoing campaign) that will be active later in the campaign if red side moved the front to the west?

Edited by Rends

all routes are "there" all the time; unfortunately, you can't turn them on and off via a ActiveDate= (like in the targets ini). Wish we could!

start and end points can be anywhere "near" anything, based on the radius of the closest target area

you also want to keep them (end/start point) within 2 tiles of each other, otherwise the opposing forces won't have the necessary closure to engage each other (as artillery and tank guns seem to have an excessively limited range)

for examples, look at the Kamchatka movements ini,

in your example, you may need to have "something" on that island to define a point for whichever side (even the oilbarrel1 works, or just have a flag -- see the CubaOTC+ terrain for an example). AFAIK, you must have someplace to start/end from

Edited by Wrench

Ok,

do i understand you right that at Start area is the "spawn" Location of one side and the end area the "spawn" location of the different side and then they move closer to each other and start firing when in range?

Edit:

One more.

Can i add groundattack routes further west ( for an ongoing campaign) that will be active later in the campaign if red side moved the front to the west?

To add to what Wrench said, the groundattack routes aren't used in campaigns.  They are just used in CAS missions generated from the single missions menu.  I believe you can place them anywhere on the map, regardless of whether it's red or blue territory, and the game engine will just set up a battle there.  In campaigns, the locations of ground battles/CAS missions is determined by the strategic nodes defined in the campaign file.

However, the armedrecon (or whatever they're called, can't remember right now) and shipping routes in the movement.ini file will be used for Armed_Recon and Anti-ship missions in campaigns, as well as single missions.

Edited by malibu43

Ok,

do i understand you right that at Start area is the "spawn" Location of one side and the end area the "spawn" location of the different side and then they move closer to each other and start firing when in range?

yes

although, sometimes the "defending" side doesn't move at all, and just waits for the 'attackers' to close. which is why, on some of the WW2 maps, I've put atry batteries nearby 

Seems that the Start point is not exactly the Spawn area.

If you look at the screenshot (made prior changes) i modified the shipping route 10S1 close to Wismar (half km north of the harbour). But the ships spawn on land .

Today i noticed on two tracks that the ground units didn't move from start to end but from end to start.

The first mission was a antishipping one and i had created a short shipping route with start town Cuxhaven and endtown Hamburg.

But once i reached the area with my Mig the Ships moved the wrong direction from Hamburg to Cuxhaven.

The other mission was armed recon . I had to shoot some soviettrucks but instead moving from east to west they headed to opposite direction.

I checked the routes in tfd tool. The shiptrack was created by myself but the track route not.

Both tracks had in common that they are realy short and have start and end points only.

Other tracks guess they are stock are way longer with more waypoints.

And they work fine.

Should i spread the routes or add more waypoints to make them working correctly?

all routes run in both directions. this in normal, and controlled by the game engine

so, for instance your anti-shipping mission, the route runs from Cuxhaven to Hamburg. Sometimes the ships will run from Hamburg to Cuxhaven. Same with trucks.

meaning: the start and end points are switched at random in single missions

oh, and to answer the "how many routes can I have", iirc, it used to be up to 999 (!!!!), so there's no worries there :)

Thx for clarification.

One more.

Is it allowed that routes cross each other?

shouldn't be a problem!