Are you ready for the DCS summer? Hawk, F-86F, MiG-21bis, and FW190D9 if all goes well?

Only interested in the Hawk, Mig-21 and F-86.

Hawk ,well I'm partial as I've been in internal tester for VEAO for over a year, Mig-21 because I want to lean how best to kill her, and the F-86 because I always loved that airframe.

After flip-flopping a couple of times, I finally backed the DCS:WW2 project at the minimum level to get all of the planes including the Me262. So at some point, I should get access to the Fw190D9 and I look forward to trying out its flight model and dueling AI P-51Ds for the flip side of the dogfight I have been doing for months.

Fw-190D-9 Pre-purchase available:

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora is now available for pre purchase from the DCS Store at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 is widely regarded as Germany's best fighter aircraft of World War II. Its appearance in the skies over France in August 1941 was a rude shock to the Allies, as it was clearly superior to any other plane. For nearly a year, the Fw 190 was the unmatched champion of the air war in Europe. The Fw 190 had speed and high altitude performance as its two great assets.

The development of advanced allied fighters resulted in the Fw 190 D–9 variant which first saw service in September 1944. This variant had a larger nose that housed a more powerful Junkers Jumo engine that produced 2,100 hp with the MW-50 boost system. The D-9 was designed for high altitude aerial combat and is a worthy adversary to the P-51D Mustang.

Key Features of the DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora:

• Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.

• Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit. 

• Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.

• Accurate Fw 190 D-9 model, squadron markings, and weapons.

• Detailed modelling the Fw 190 D-9 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.

• Battle the P-51D Mustang in single and multiplayer games.

DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora will sell for $49.99 at August 5. Pre Purchase now for $39.99 and save 20%!

10494493_617249571706307_735590621091165

A bit step price to my taste, will wait to see If it reach a special sale. BTW this one will be possible to merge with the WW2 fighters and VEAO warbirds?

Thats correct, can be used on DCS: W and WW2 with the VEAO Warbirds. Same engine, only diferent periods

Edited by SilverDragon

Per Wags@ED, $40 backers like myself should get their Fw190D license ASAP. 1 down, Spit, Thunderbolt, and Bf109 to go. Dare I hope for the Me262? But how many months or years will it take to finish them all and the Normandy map?

Projected schedule from ED announcement:

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora 
October 2014 - BF-109K 
December 2014- Spitfire IX 
March 2015 - P-47D-30 
May 2015 - Normandy Map with period AI units
Other features like the Me.262A-1 and AI-only B-17G are also in development we but do not have a delivery data estimate at this time until these other features are further along.

Fw190 might actually be delivered per the schedule, but that is easy because they waited until they were nearly finished to announce these tentative release dates.

I know the Bf109K looked like it was coming along nicely, but I would be surprised if we got it before Christmas 2014 given past performance.

At that pace, maybe Spit by spring or summer 2015 instead of the Thunderbolt.

Leaving the P-47 to pop up during the summer or fall 2015?

Normandy by the following Christmas 2015?

Perhaps I am being to generous in sliding the schedule by only 6 months. Individual DCS aircraft tend to overshoot their projected release date by a year or more and multiply that by the number of airplanes after the nearly finished Fw190: 3 years to finish the main planes. Hopefully the map actually comes out sooner. I can see the Me262 and B-17 being 4 to 5 years away at the present rate of development.

So ED has shifted it's entire focus to WWII? Or is that just the side project that it took on when Luthier failed to meet it's goals?

So ED has shifted it's entire focus to WWII? Or is that just the side project that it took on when Luthier failed to meet it's goals?

They say it doesn't impact other projects but I simply can't believe that based on EDs size.  Even absorbing most of Luthers team they still are stretched very thin.

Why did Luthier leave? He made those promo videos and now is gone? WTF?

Why did Luthier leave? He made those promo videos and now is gone? WTF?

I think it started here in early June:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125454

From what I'm to understand, Luthier ran out of the money from the Kickstarter fund for the WWII add-on. Why? I dont know. Mismanagement? Over confidence in abilty to meet goal? Dont know. But, it does appear that ED's focus will now swap to the WWII aircraft set and continuing the development of EDGE. Anything modern (ish) will most likely have to come from a 3rd party. As paulrkiii said above, ED isnt the largest team and I think they will be forced to shelve some projects in order to pick up the $hit sandwich left by this.

Now back to my FSX flying...

Oh what - whens this gonna be done?

:beta:

dcs_x-12.jpg

Mmmh, no F/A-18C then?

Not unless you:

1) can code/program very quickly

2) are wealthy enough to back your own project

C) ask Santa nicely

4) All of the above

I dont even think the proverbial "2 weeks" reply would help much here...

In the meantime, you could repaint the P/TF-51 into a F-51 to coincide with the F-86. Repaint the Fw-190D into Yak-9 colors to replicate a Korean adversary. Squint really hard when flying and you can almost imagine the Crimea is Korea. It's only missing 1 letter in the name.

Not unless you:

1) can code/program very quickly

2) are wealthy enough to back your own project

C) ask Santa nicely

4) All of the above

I dont even think the proverbial "2 weeks" reply would help much here...

In the meantime, you could repaint the P/TF-51 into a F-51 to coincide with the F-86. Repaint the Fw-190D into Yak-9 colors to replicate a Korean adversary. Squint really hard when flying and you can almost imagine the Crimea is Korea. It's only missing 1 letter in the name.

I had high hopes to fly the Hornet in 2015, seems the sim it will stay as it is now. At least Belsimtek guys are doing something, and you're wrong in one thing, unfortunately Crimea is not there anymore, just the Caucasus area. Wish they expand the populated areas a little bit to the south so we can have some of Turkey, Azerbaijan and Armenia, but this is not going to happen.