Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

Desert 4 Mountain Regions + Addon V.1.0

Just add this amazing mod but i might have lost it somewhere in some data file because here is my problem :

On the picture img00002, you will see the pre-flight map BEFORE applying the desert4 add-on.

On the second one (img00003), the same mission map with the add-on in effect.

Question? Where are the squadron and tank units icons?!?.

The only thing i changed is in the campaign1_data where i put the mission map fron DESERT to DESERT4... (see picture sans titre).

Also, where do i edit the Airbase name instead of the odd D1... and P1... Also i read that some edit had to be done, but no mention of what and where ;(

Any help would be appreciated.

airfield names you're showing are printed on the map

IF the names of said airfields have been changed in the Desert4_targets.ini, a completely NEW set of planning maps should be generated.

But...

you'll loose the "aeronautical chart" look, as the only tool around to do that is Gerwins TFD tool. You can, of course, try extracting the 3 planning map, and using a clone stamp tool (like in Photoshop), try and remove the D* and P*, then using layers add the corrected names.

More work than it's worth.

the other stuff, I can't help with, sorry!

Frenchie the airfield names have changes in the following fashion:

D1 Airbase = Muthala Airbase

D2 Airbase = Al'Aqar Airbase

D3 Airbase = Dhimaq Airbase

D4 Airbase = Andalus Airbase

D5 Airbase = Megnah Airbase

D6 Airbase = Agami Airbase

D7 Airbase = Al'Samir Airbase

D8 Airbase = Quneitra Airbase

D9 Airbase = Fasala Airbase

D10 Airbase = Al'Aranak Airbase

P1 Airfield = Maqazad Airfield

P2 Airfield = Tiran Airfield

P3 Airfield = Riqdur Airfield

P4 Airfield = Montazah Airfield

P5 Airfield = Izmat Airfield

P6 Airfield = Jarimin Airfield

P7 Airfield = Galazad Airfield

P8 Airfield = Suran Airfield

P9 Airfield = Ragnat Airfield

P10 Airfield = Kurzah Airfield

P11 Airfield = Sharqi Airfield

P12 Airfield = Horreya Airfield

P13 Airfield = Al'Watala Airfield

P14 Airfield = Jalamin Airfield

Go into your desired CampaignX_Data.ini with notepad and use the replace function and replace all button with each airfield, one after another. There will also be new campaigns released, but that might be a little while.

Frenchie the airfield names have changes in the following fashion:

Go into your desired CampaignX_Data.ini with notepad and use the replace function and replace all button with each airfield, one after another. There will also be new campaigns released, but that might be a little while.

Alternatively, one could also find-replace the names in targets.ini and change them back to their original,names. That would mean just going through the names once instead of for each campaign file (5 times?). Edited by malibu43

Thanks for the hints! To answer to Wrench, i wanted to change the airfiled names, but not on the planning map (D and P airfields are okay for me). It's more when i get the mission description as ''Strike at x airfield'' instead of D having a real Airbase name :)

For the changing in notepad, i will go where Centurion-1 indicates me.

As for the units not appearing on the pre-flight map, are they showing anyway in the campaign? Like if nothing on the red side, does that mean there is no enemy squadron?

they might to be frightened of you to show up!!! :biggrin:

alternatively, in the targets ini, you can do this:

[TargetArea052]
Name=Muthala Airbase (D1)             <---- add back in the D or P numeric designation
Position=191000.00,803000.00
Radius=6000
ActiveYear=0
Location=1
Alignment=FRIENDLY
AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield1.ini
NumSquadrons=3

Thanks Wrench. I will try this and see how it show up.

As for your last remark, they sure think who is the crazy one flying at 235knots, 200ft, all alone with rocket pods :)

Many thanks guys! With your great help i finally achieved what i wanted!

Now ground and air units are on the pre-flight map and in the text description i have the right airfield names instead of the ''D'' and ''P'' thing...

Was just a little work in the DESERT4_TARGETS and CAMPAIGN_DATA files to be done.