Ok, despite selling off all of my SF2 games last year, I still hung onto my SF1 disks.

I got the itch to fly in the Falklands and knew where to go.

I reinstalled SF1 & patched to 2008 level. Then I installed the Mod per the instructions. But in game, the weapons did not show up. Having forgotten a lot about this series, I did remember that I might have to use the wep and gun editors to show the game where they are. But when I did, I couldn't get it to see any weapons directory or files.

So I'm at a loss and turn here for help. Any ideas?

Jeff

The Mod has it's own era specific weapons pack. But the game isnt recognizing it. As I said, my weapons editor should pick up the WeaponsData.ini file to import them, but it only flashes when I click on open to direct it to the file. I've changed the compatability to run in Win 98 mode and as Admin. I'm at a loss...

Yes, I've got that too. Made sure to match editors with patch level. Even looked inside the WeaponEditor config settings and made sure the path was correct. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Strategy First\Falklands 1982\Objects\Weapons)

Still no dice.

I'm stumped. Looks like I wont be flying in the Falklands after all.

Where are you running it from?

Are you running it as ADMIN?

Storm, you on win7 or later??

if so, this path

(C:\Program Files (x86)\Strategy First\Falklands 1982\Objects\Weapons)

aint' gonna work. That's the protected region of the HD, and not "usable" for modding things

Move the whole SF directory/.../ to the ROOT of the C drive (ie: C:/WoE, for example)

also, 7 & later has issues with ALL the 1stGen editors/extractors. Put them on you desktop, and try running from there. Or place the zips on the desktop, and run from inside the zipped thingy

Edited by Wrench

Weapon editor and gun editor should be run from windows/system32 folder. I just remebered this today while restarting after a long while my sf1 installs

You guys rock!

Enjoying some time down south now.

Thanks!!

-Jeff