Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Back To The World Of Strike Fighters/WO XXX

Well, I'm now retired which means loads of time on my hands. After a hiatus of about 3 years I have reinstalled all of my first gen games and re-learning everything I have forgotten over the years. Anything new that I should getin the way of planes  targets?

I am also willing to beta aircraft and effects for the community now that I have a faster PC than I did 11 years ago and like I said , lots of free time.

While I still love FSX for s MP funtion and helo modeling the 3rd Wire games are what I cut my teeth on and unlike FSX yocan blow S**T up in this sim. I'm willng to help out any way I can, after all the years I've been on thiboard and in the communiy's time I lend a hand. Right now I am willing to beta aircraft and weapons as they come out. I helped out on some of the first weapon and effects addons years ago and I am willing to do the same now. I still suck at painting and modeling but I do know how things should work bomb and aircraft wise.

BTW, Wrench, I have still not forgiven you for putting triple A and a SAM site in my back yard. :blum:

For which I am STILL truly sorry!!  LOL!!

---

might want to consider moving to SF2, as that's pretty much all we work on nowadays

I agree, upgrade to SF2. There is plenty of good stuff for SF2. Start with Europe and North Atlantic, then you can always try some of the glorious new mods out there - such as The Scandinavian Front 2 (Self-Promotion).

Problem for me is that I am going to be tight on cash for the next few months, so I'm looking at Nov until I can get the first game in the series. Still like the first gen games though, at least they aged better than some combat sims out there.

Welcome back! The boys are right about going for SF2 although I know all about cash being tight as we're putting our daughter through uni at the moment.

You know, I'm sometimes envious of guys starting out afresh. Building up from scratch, perhaps adding one title per month then the Expansion Packs and finally the 'pocket money' priced DLC's all whilst enjoying the superb mods available.