Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

maybe Starforce isn't so bad..

Ok i read all the horror stories about Starforce copy protection and yes I was nervous about it.So I am happy to say I haven't noticed anything with my system.DVDs still play fine.

I haven't had any problems either, all I have is a Liteon DVD rom no burner or anything, maybe that's why? :victory:

Bob

From what I understand it only effects those with burners as it is to keep you from making copies of your disks, in the process it can also make your burner quite ineffective, i.e. not work for burning. That is where the problem lies. A protection scheme that keeps you from legitimately using your backup software is not a good thing. Me I don't care as I have a work computer (my laptop) and then there is my home computer which if something happens to it is no problem to completely tear down and start over again. Also nice to have 4 other computers on the network to back up files before the tear down process is not so painful.............................

I don't burn DVDs ..will effect CD burns as well?haven't tried it yet. But DVDs play just fine.

It has been reported that it effects both cd and dvd burners and their software. Just makes it so they can't burn a disk. From what I understand from some other sites is that you can reinstall your burning software and it will work. Not sure as I've said, I've stayed clear of this Star Force thing, maybe one day they will put in software that I intend to buy. Until then, not a problem for me but I lurk in numerous forums just for the information gathered in these forums for games and hardware that I might be interested in..................

Well, I have SC:Chaos Theory with SF installed and it's a BIG PITA to get the game to load. Can take upwards of 15 mins sometimes with one or more reboots. :diablo:

I don't remember when I last tried burning a DVD or CD, so I hope it still works for me. :threaten:

The Jedi Master