I found this site when IL2Skins went down and y'all kindly began hosting skins for that sim. After looking around here a bit, I zoomed out and found a copy of WoV and now I'm hooked! I *love* the 1950's era jets the community has made and I'm looking forward to learning how to skin them. :grin:

Welcome to the community!

SFP1/WOV lacks some of eye candy of the IL-2 series (clouds and water especially), but the aircraft look great and with a little bit of tweaking can be made to fly great. IMHO, the moddability of SFP1/WOV makes it the ultimate combat flight sim for single player despite some limitations of the AI (and some bugs that should finally be corrected in the next patch).

The main disappointment you may have with SFP1/WOV (if you aren't hung up on the 3d cloud issue or lack of an ejection sequence) is its minimal support for online multiplayer gameplay. Multiplayer does work and is very fun, but you only have two choices: dogfight (a deathmatch between all players with respawning) and co-op with a few generic missions.

But the absolute best part of this game is that it is still growing. Not only do volunteers crank out a ton of great mods almost daily, but TK continues to provide free patches for all versions that not only fix bugs, but add all kinds of new features.

I hope you have as much fun with this game as I always do.

Vigilante welcome! :clapping:

Very cool we have a new skinner/modder in the fold.

I second what Streak says....

I love IL2, but the SF1/WOV engine is so moddable we are creating new games (practically) head over to the campaign section and see some of the wonderful skins and screens being created.

You are going to enjoy yourself .....trust me!

Thanks for the welcome - I'm really looking forward to doing some skinning and getting involved. :)

Welcome to the jungle......:D