Sign in to follow this  
Centurion-1

Classic Hornet templates and status?

Hi Guys

For the first time in SF2 I've spent some time flying the F/A-18 and I really like it, I am using the latest beta that was released. I have noticed some weird things however regarding the textures: a lot of the basic textures are only 1024X1024 yet the bump and specular maps are 2048x2048 and they also have more detail on them than some of the basic textures, so I guess these are created from a different template set? Is there any chance one could have this template for download, or is it a work-in-progress yet? I also noticed that the basic textures are saved as .jpg with a less-than full quality compression setting leading to really strong jpeg artifacts around panel lines and markings, I understand this as a space-saving measure but It does detract from overall looks.

Anyways, thanks for a great bird.

Well , the Hornet MOD is good but there's something that must be corrected.

1)refuel-probe is naked and whitout painting

2) wing-folder must be fixed whit A-A AIM-9s

3)GUN reticle don't appear in A-G mode :(

4) Fall-line don't appear in LGB mode

5) APG-73 have a 160nm range and not 80nm in RWS mode and TWS ;80nm only for A-G mode

6) AIM-7F/M Sparrow must have symbl 7M or 7F on HUD and not A120

7) UP-FRONT controller panel don't show navigation data and waypoint range

I understand that for TW engine is not possible to create the complete avionic system but I hope so for some correction .

My best regards

LOL Antares I don't know what version are you using but none of mine have any of the issues you mention...

I have the templates......I'll dig them out, give me a day or two.

That's weird as my templates are all 2048 x 2048... for both B-D and A-C... But I think I gave them to Sundowner so what he has is what I'd upload as well, and apparently didn't take the time to upload them to the site.

BUmp, still would like to see those templates.