Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Converted Mission sets

First off, I'd like to let you know things are going to have to slow down a bit. This is because, for the 3rd and HOPEFULLY!!! final time, I've had to have some repairs done to my right eye. This was to remove scaring on the corenea, and "fix" a recurrent coreneal abrasion. Think of that as like on your car tires when the tread seperates and/or you have a bubble in the side wall. The procedure is actually quite simple - it's Lazik that removes the outer layer of cells. The upside it, it corrects the vision (I'm massively nearsighted). The downside is it corrects the vision. Which mean new glasses. Not a big deal, but it takes 4-6 weeks to fully heal.

This leaves me with one 'good' eye, and one (semi) functional one. I can still see, but what with the prescription have changed so drasticly (according the Dr. and my sister- who's an optician, about 2 diopters worth)

So, you can see (pun intended!) that I'll have to be slowing down as looking at the screen kind of hurts, and with things out of focus, causes headaches and other bad things.

-----

As to the mission sets themselves, this is what I'd been working on. Some a complete, some nearly so, some have to be rechecked on a mission-by-mission basis, and edited/rebuilt/scrapped as needed

Most of these had been converted, by me, in the early 2000s, just before I got in Strike Fighters modding. So, given the time that's passed, I'm going through them all, one at a time, and making sure things work like they're supposed to.

Alliance Mission Sets:

XWCD:

Tours 1-5,

excluding the 2 Death Star missions (as no OPT exists for the surface and Trench Run that I'm aware of)

Battle in the Outer Rim Territories (aka "ORT")

a 5 tour set that in some respects mirrors the original XWCD tours. These are about 75% done.

B-Wing Attack

(20 mission set, started early this week. Look ok, but must be tested further)

A New Ally

Rebel operations to gain new allies against the Empire

Strategic Retreat:

an Alliance fleet being chased by Imp and Mercs/Pirates. Possibly taking place during the Evacuation of Hoth (?). Has the occasional BW, so possibly concurrent with XWCD TOD 5

Imperial Mission Sets:

TFCD:

All training mission (done, just need final testing and tweeking)

Battles 1 - 13.

(I've sent these to KJakker, as he is testing a ship patch that seems to work in the new GoG versions. The ship patch is a MUST, as the T/D, MIS, several capital ships and several cargo and starliners are needed, and we all know they don't exist in stock BoP

Into the Unknown:

fly with Thrawn as he seeks the lost starcharts to enter the Unknown Regions (oh man, do THESE need major reworking!!)

There's a couple more, 2 inter-related sets, and maybe one or 2 others. The major problem with the Imperial sets, other than needing ships we ain't got, is the missions themselves were badly put together.

New Republic Mission Sets:

Bacta Wars

(like the novels, chasing Isard and her SSD, battle of Thyferra, etc)

Guns of the New Republic:

my own set! ex-Imperials flying for the NR on the border between the Imperial Remnant, 'wild space' and so forth. You fly GUNs (hence the name!) Ship patch needed here, too. Unless I remove the 'surprise' ships.

Operation Typhoon:

right after the Battle of Endor, try to keep a captured, and damaged ISD, from falling back into Imperial hands

Non-Alliance/Non-Imperial Mission Sets:

Corbin Resists:

their world destroyed by the Empire, the survivors try to regroup, and extract revenge.

a couple of others I'm looking at; the "A Pirate Dawn" set is rather dark and bloody set (read: you murder people!)

Coming Attractions:

One project that I'd been researching, is the early days of the Galactic Civil War. You'd have a limited ship set (meaning: all stock!), that would culminate with the Battle of Turkana, and the combat debuts of the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor. Still doing research on this (wookiepedia has been a great help here!)

So, there you have it. This is what's I've got going and planned. And I'm not giving up on my SF2 modding, as there are several aircraft yet to be finished for WW2, plus that giant CBI map.

thanks for reading!

I'm sorry to hear that you've got to head back in for surgery. Good luck, I hope it goes well. 

As for the planned mission sets, those sound fantastic! I'm particularly stoked for the non-alliance/non-imperial sets, as well as the Bacta Wars sets...I think those will be AWESOME. I have very limited experience with any sort of modding, but if you need a hand, I'm willing to try and jump in.  

Again - Good luck with the surgery! 

Best wishes on getting your eye repaired. When you're all healed up, will you have like x-ray vision to see through clothes and such? I'd be willing to put Rebellion re-enactments on hold a few weeks for such an upgrade!

The prospective mission add-on list looks great - for someone who thoroughly enjoyed this software line during the 90's, and had no clue that it was still viable over fifteen years later, this whole process has been an eye-opener!

addition for the Imperial sets:

Fall of the Empire (3 interconnected sets, re-edited to "merge" with each other. What happens to a Imperial task group, stranded in the Pakuuni systems in the days, weeks, and months following the Battle of Endor. Can you survive, rejoin with other Loyalist Forces, and save what's left of the Empire?)

addition to the Rebel sets:

Exeter TODs (2 sets during the Galactic Civil War -- haven't (re)started these

to answer Silberpfiel, unfortunately, no. which is a pity.

• Like 1

Well, I'm sure the doctors have your best interests in mind.  At our advanced ages, they are also worried about out hearts!

They're most worried about your ability to pay. Dead patients pay no bills. :wink: