Sign in to follow this  
aircraft

Tornado Pilot/Black terrain

Hi there, I have been a long time user of Wings over Europe and just last night I downloaded Strike Fighters 2 Europe, when i installed it, all was absolutely fantastic, until all of a sudden my Tornado Pilot (Also used in the Jaguar GR3 Mod) turned pretty much black apart from the belts, the pilot before hand had the Night vision goggles adapted on top of the helmet, but for what seems no reason at all these vanished along with all of the pilots colours. Also, I installed the Rends Germany terrain rework packages, again, all was absolutely brilliant, until i turned my computer off, woke up today and went to play a mission and now all of the terrain is black too, what could possibly be causing this all of a sudden? I have already made a fresh install of the game and installed the Tornado before any other mods just incase another mod was over writing the pilot or something, but even with a clean install with just the tornado installed the pilots flight suit is still black with no night vision goggles on the helmet but. Utterly confused as to how everything could have worked fine and then in one restart of my PC it all messed up. :) could windows updates have caused this?

Thanks

Edited by aircraft

this with the black terrain happens to me from time to time , mostly early morning with a low standing sun

did you check if the pilot has all the correct textures ???

Edited by ravenclaw_007

black objects (lods, etc) usually mean the textures are missing

also, in SF2 pilots need to be in a separate, named folder within a /Pilots folder.

you folder paths would be

//Object

/Pilots

/*nameofpilot* folder

in my experience, black terrains are caused by mission tiles or a wrong cat pointer line. That shouldn't be an issue, as Rends Germany replaces the stock GermanyCE, and points to that cat

Just be be safe, you might want to spend time in the SF2 Knowledge Base, as things (as they set up in the mods folder) ARE slightly different.

the other thing is, perhaps your comp is running out of texture memory?

might be missing textures but more like running out of texture memory I'd say

Thanks for the replies! Everything has been put in the correct folders so I can rule that out. With texture memory do I just need to reduce my graphics? Or is it a tougher problem to fix. My PC doesn't have horrendously low specs, most other games I am on High graphics rarely if ever do I need to dip to medium settings.

Cheers all!

test on medium setting, and see what happens?? Worth a try, at least!! :)