Sign in to follow this  
MrGoTime

Cool TIE Fighter video

Great animation video! Thanks for sharing it!!

out-frakking-standing!!!!

the attention to detail was amazing; like the Dupe's rotary magazine (although the 'reflex warheads' was a bit much! and a female Imp pilot??). Interesting to see the 2 ISDs supported by an Interdictor.

VERY well done!!

• Like 2

I don't know if Captain Harlock (Albator in France) anime or Space Battleship Yamato (especially the last version 2199, which is pure awesomeness) are popular in the U.S., but this is very close to it. 

out-frakking-standing!!!!

the attention to detail was amazing; like the Dupe's rotary magazine (although the 'reflex warheads' was a bit much! and a female Imp pilot??). Interesting to see the 2 ISDs supported by an Interdictor.

VERY well done!!

It's a new Empire, right?? I would imagine that female pilots probably became a bit more prevalent in the years following the 2nd Death Star fiasco. I've read quite a bit of the extended universe (sadly, not canon any longer), and there are some Imperial female leads (no pilots that I am aware of though). 

I don't know if Captain Harlock (Albator in France) anime or Space Battleship Yamato (especially the last version 2199, which is pure awesomeness) are popular in the U.S., but this is very close to it. 

I've never been able to get into anime. But if those shows are similar to this youtube clip, that's something I could maybe check out. I'll have to take a look around and see if I can track them down. 

I frankly don't fancy anime. Except from Dragon Ball (forget the awfull French or English dub, get the japanese version. And it's free of censorship), because I grew up with it.

Same goes with Harlock. I am more familiar with earlier versions (we call them Albator 78 & Albator 84 in France). It's quite a dark and adult world and the 78 version is frankly quite deep. I don't know much about later versions that are graphically speaking more close to what you saw. 

As for Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazzers in the U.S.), the 70's and 80's versions are unknown to me. But the 2013 version "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" is stunning. Well, there are some anime clichés, but it was a very good surprise! 

Here's a quick sample https://youtu.be/8b6q0swc8MM

I have the Yamato DVD set, of the US series. Capt Harlock was cool as well.  There are a LOT of anime that have exceptional stories. Unlike most Americans, I don't see them as cartoons, but animated films.

for a good one, try royal space force: the wings of honneamise

I have the Yamato DVD set, of the US series. Capt Harlock was cool as well.  There are a LOT of anime that have exceptional stories. Unlike most Americans, I don't see them as cartoons, but animated films.

for a good one, try royal space force: the wings of honneamise

It certainly sounds interesting. I don't have an issue with anime as being a cartoon (heck, I watched the clone wars series and thoroughly enjoyed it). There's just something about the animation style that doesn't resonate with me...I can't quite put my finger on it. But maybe I need to give Yamato or Cpt Harlock a shot. I'll see if I can track them down online somewhere. 

Well, you can track down Yamato 2199 fairly easily. 
The animation wasn't cheap at all, if that's what you mean. 

It's a new Empire, right?? I would imagine that female pilots probably became a bit more prevalent in the years following the 2nd Death Star fiasco. I've read quite a bit of the extended universe (sadly, not canon any longer), and there are some Imperial female leads (no pilots that I am aware of though). 

In comics series "Star Wars Legacy" (about 140 A.B.Y.), young Gunn Yage, daughter to Moffs Yage and Calixte, is Imperial leader of the Skull Squadron, flying weird TIE Predators (with TIE classical hulls and insectoid long wings). Well, it's then a much les racist New Empire, it may be much less sexist too.