Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.3.3 – Understand what happened during your last flight!

Download Latest Official Version 1.3.3

Your feedback is very important to me! Be sure that I’m listening to you and doing my best to integrate all your suggestions in coming releases. Before posting, please make sure you have read the documentation first. You will probably find - in them - the answers to your questions... I want to thank all the community of DCS World and especially all the registered users for your support!

Don't forget to follow the development of new features on Twitter!

What is Tacview?

Have you ever wanted to understand what actually happened during your last flight? Tacview is a universal flight analysis tool which will enable you to easily record, analyze and understand any flights to improve your skills much faster than with conventional debriefings. Whether for the private pilot or the virtual squadron leader, Tacview is an invaluable tool to understand what really happened and to improve piloting style and tactical skills.

With Tacview you can embrace the whole battlefield at once, draw advanced telemetry charts in one click, visualize RADAR locks, and export telemetry for deeper analysis in your favorite spreadsheet or export debriefing logs in CSV or XML file format to create statistics for your squadron.

And don’t forget that Tacview is also working well with your other favorite flight simulators like Falcon 4.0, FSX, Prepar3D, EECH and also real-life recorded GPS files!

Native Support for DCS World

DCS World is supported by Tacview since Flaming Cliffs. From bombs to trucks, all moving objects are recorded. Cockpit information such as IAS and RADAR locks are available when you are flying some aircraft (this is a DCS limitation) if you are the proud owner of the Home or Professional edition of Tacview. Please note that static ground objects like buildings cannot be exported. I hope to be able to work around this limitation in the new exporter which is currently in development for Tacview 2.0.

The LUA export script is automatically installed at the same time as Tacview. It will automatically record all flights in the \My Documents\Tacview\*.acmi.txt folder. You can change this folder by using the appropriate option in Tacview menus. If you are using the Steam version of DCS, remember to re-launch Steam to make sure the export parameters are properly re-send from Windows to Steam to DCS. If you fail to do so, the flight recordings may be saved in a backup folder such as C:\Windows\Temp\.

Please remember that the top issue about flights not being recorded is coming from old DCS add-ons (typically cockpit add-ons) which are unstable or not properly uninstalled. Such scripts are generating LUA errors which are preventing Tacview export script from running. You can find the faulty scripts just by having a look at your dcs.log file…

FAQ

Q: Is it free?
A: Yes, you can download and use Tacview as long as you want for free, without being bothered by ads or popups. After a trial period, if you wish to continue to use the most advanced features, you will have to either buy a Home or Professional license. A list of the advanced features here is available online.

Q: Can I upgrade my Home Edition to the Professional Edition? At which cost?
A: Of course you can! Just send me an email with a reference to your current license and I will send you back a link to buy the upgrade. It will cost you the difference of price plus unavoidable fee.

Tacview133.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By clim995
      Okay so hear me out. I finally plated the NATO fighter campaign in 1953. Guess I just got tired with the short and sharp dogfights of the Radar missile era of the late cold war so I decided to jump to the 1953 campaign on the MiG-15bis cockpit. Well, I have experience with supersonic jet gunfights (MiG-19 is my all-time favorite) but riding the MiG-15bis with a vastly inferior engine is something I am not prepared for.

Sure, I could chase turboprop attack aircraft (A-26 Invaders are my favorite prey!) but I kind of struggle catching with jet engine ones without getting too distracted by my fuel reserves. Once I managed to trash F-84S (they were on a strike configuration and were running away) when I happened to chance upon two Canadair Sabres. They tried to run-away as well but I was too determined to catch them and I eventually did but then they dropped their tanks and turned around and an ensuing dogfight erupted between me and my wingman.

Suffice to say, in my opinion, MiG-15bis guns were horrible. The entire aircraft had the tendency to lose alignment when firing and the bullet ballistics is crap owing to the heavier caliber. The turn radius seems to be terrible as well, as the Canadair Sabre effortlessly managed to outturn me. Then I found myself being chased, completely at their mercy. A Sabre fired a 50 caliber salvo and grazed my wing, clipping my aileron (thank god the tank didn't explode) and I managed to emergency land to a nearby airfield while my wingman managed to shoot one of the Sabre who tried to finish me on my landing approach.

In my opinion, MiG-15bis is a terrifying interceptor and absolutely crap dogfighter, but still, I want to hear your side and opinions on this.

Is the MiG-15bis inferior at dogfighting or am I just a crap dogfighter (lol)? 

(screenshots of my MiG-15bis barely managing to escape from the two Murderous Canadair Sabre on my tail lol)

• By ShrikeHawk
      Is there a way to change the ranges for engagements in singlemission?
      I'm encountering scenarios where fighters appear 2 miles away. I'd like to push that out farther if possible. Can do?
    • By Chakat_Avocado
      Is it me or the AI love to never lose energy and out turn me despite of their airframe limits including the G tolerance of the pilot? Let me know cause from other sources, I have heard more or less from each side of the debate. I would like to think that I am being cheated and robots have no brains on most levels.
    • By Astore

View File Astore - UPEO SKIN PACK FOR STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      Hi to all, I'm Astore. Thanks for downloading my skin pack ! 
      The UPEO (Universal Peace Enforcement Organization) is a fictional faction featured in the Ace Combat game series, and the main faction of Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere. 
      The Universal Peace Enforcement Organization is an international peacekeeping organization under the Neo United Nations. UPEO maintains the SARF (Special Armed Response Force) when military intervention is required for peacekeeping duties, as well as the Euro-Asia Public Network for neutral, continent-wide broadcasting.
      Despite its aim of enforcing peace, UPEO was a puppet of General Resource Limited until the late 2030s. The organization became more independent with the rise of Neucom Incorporated and with Gabriel William Clarkson taking office as UPEO's representative.
      UPEO is the player's initial organization at the start of Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere. In the Japanese version of the game, the player can defect from UPEO to either General Resource or Neucom.
      It has shown that their equipment is of two main aircraft carriers, a Nimitz class and an Air Vector UI-4053 Sphyrna, still in construction during the early events of the game. Their main base, is a military airport at the center of Expo City, the eastern city of the USEA continent excluding Megafloat, which is a floating-island city.
      The UPEO Air Fleet is composed by future versions of actual aircraft and some fictionals since the game is set in 2040 of the Strangereal Universe, but the only fictional continent invented at the game exit was the USEA, so, since the faction seems to be universal, there could be several other planes operative in other nations, which have been introduced only in Ace Combat 5 The Unsung War (That is set in 2015).
      Main air fleet
      EF-2000 Typhoon II -Base plane, multirole fighter-
      Mig-33 Fulcrum SS -Interceptors-
      F/A-18 Hornet ADV -Multirole, got from the General Resource LDT faction
      F-16XF Gyrfalcon -Air superiority, got from the General Resource LDT faction
      R-101U Delphinus I -Base plane of the R Fleet from Neucom.Inc faction
      R-201U Asterozoa -Heavy attacker fighter, Attacker from the R Fleet of the Neucom.Inc Faction
      SU-37 SUPERFLANKER II -Multirole, mainly Air Supremacy.-
      SU-43 Berkut -Multirole, mainly Air Supremacy.-
      UI-4053 Sphyrna - Heavy Air vector with the fuction of a flying aircraft carrier with jamming capabilities and interior hangar to store at least 20 planes. 
      R-505U -Presidential plane of Rapresentative Gabriel William Clarkson
      Aces:
      [From Ace Combat 3] -2040-
      Erich Jager 
      Fiona Chris Fitzgerald
      Rena Hirose
      Nemo
      [From other continents] -...-
      Unknown
      [From original SF2 Campaigns and missions]
      Aurelia-Astore Squadron-(F-35C Lightning assignated to the CVN-56 Aircraft Carrier)-2025-
      ___________________________________________________________________________________________
      Skin Pack: 
      F-15 D ACTIVE -UPEO and GR Skins-
      F-16A_Blk1 (Stock F-16) -UPEO skin-
      FA-18a (Stock F-18) -UPEO skin- 
      FA-27C (Yukikaze Planes Addon) -UPEO and NEU Skins-
      Mig-29C_RUS -UPEO Skin-
      Su-27SKM -UPEO and Upeo Ace Rena Hirose Skins-
      SU-47 -UPEO Skin-
      Typhoon -UPEO Skin and Typhoon ace skin-
      CVN-56 / Admiral 56 (Yukikaze Aircraft Carrier Addon) -UPEO Skin-
      Installation: Open the aircraft folder from the downloaded content, and copy/move the UPEO (and variant) folders to the plane's folder in your SF2 (StrikeFighters2>Objects>Aircraft>Your plane folder. Same for the Aircraft Carrier skin: StrikeFighters2>Objects>GroundObjects>Admiral56) There's no need to overwrite on other folders, just add them in the specific folders. My skins does not requires decals, since the emblems are painted in the skin.
      If the skin doesn't work or shows leaving your aircraft black, it's possible that you are using a different version of the plane from an another addon, or that your game doesn't read the skin format. When this happen, copy the skin files to save them, then try to change their format (Like JPG). If the skin sets are the same for other models with the same skin mapping, they should work too. 
      You can make a UPEO Nation in your INI Files continuing the list of nations. Be sure that the Nation number continues the series. In my case since I already got 271 Nations in my file, I've wrote Nation272 to make it work. But you could have to change the number.
      [Nation272]
      Name=UPEO
      DisplayName=UPEO
      Alignment=FRIENDLY
      PilotNameList=NamesUSN.lst
      RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
      CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
      Formation.Fighter=USFighter
      Formation.Attack=USFighter
      Formation.Bomber=USBomber
      Formation.Transport=USBomber
      Formation.Tank=USTank
      Formation.MobileAD=USAD
      PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
      GenderRatio=0
      DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
      DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
      DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
      SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
      SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str
      Link to planes and models: 
      F-16: http://www.fxinteractive.com/it/p156/p156extras.htm
      F-18:http://www.fxinteractive.com/it/p156/p156extras.htm     OR     https://combatace.com/files/file/16682-fa-18a-made-by-tmf-themiragefactory/
      Typhoon: https://combatace.com/files/file/6398-ef-2000/
      F-15 D Active: https://combatace.com/files/file/7256-f-15-active-for-the-thirdwire-series/
      F/A-27C and CVN-56 from Yukikaze: https://combatace.com/files/file/12522-yukikaze-fa-27cadmiral56/
      SU-27 SKM: https://combatace.com/files/file/14316-su-27skm-flanker-for-sf1woe/
      SU-47: https://combatace.com/files/file/14312-su-47-berkut-for-woe-sf1/
      MIG-29C: https://combatace.com/files/file/13792-mig29c-ukrainerar/
      Most of these planes should work also on SF Gold. I've started working on the skin pack from Gold and then moved to SF2. Actually, also the F-18 has been downloaded from the FX Interactive site, but the addon from CombatAce should work too. To install manually the aircraft from that site, download them, the site will give a laucher-sort file. Ignore it, do mouse-right click and extract the files. You should obtain the aircraft folder to put in your SFG/SF2 aircraft folder, and it should work. Some of the templates for aircrafts were missing, then I had to make some new by hand, like for the F-15D Active. The older skins could be not at the same quality since I was working on SFG, but they'll be remade in future. 

Bugs and errors: The files shouldn't damage your game, if something doesn't work just remove the folder of the skin. 
      The only bug I actually know is in the F-15 D ACTIVE canards, which couldn't be painted. It was the only Active I found, if you use it in SF2 be sure to insert also a cockpit file. 
      You can customize the skins if you want to, credit me when you post screens or other in way to allow other players to find the download. Don't forget to rate, good or bad.
      This was my first skin pack, I hope I didn't messed up and that everything works. Maybe I'll do other skins in future. Have fun !

Submitter Astore Submitted 03/26/2018 Category What If Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..