Sign in to follow this  
russouk2004

Landing gear angle of attack

Best way I can think of saying it....is this modelled in game,cant remember....see angle of the gears....does game allow the wheels to contact runway properly when the gears deploy like in pic....its not summat ive looked at in the past lol....do the gears rotate to hit ground correct or will they stay at same angle and only rears touch...irf i recall the wheel size entries make them rotate in game to hit tarmac....ive gone completely blank as to what happens lol

see it better in the 747 pic

0374607.jpg

post-1981-0-82183000-1434486720.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

My answer would be : must be done with the shock animation

If I'm right (?)

When the Viggen first come out in 2009 or so this same issue come up - as it has a tandem main gear set. If I good remember then it was not possible to have it follow the ground, but since that might have changed.

Like you said, have to experiment.

I'm working on that for the B-36 and I think a node added using the non-animated shock travel with the collapse statement for retraction is what I'm testing and it looks like it will work. Might have to make fake gear for it though.

I`ll check it out on the M-50   as it has tandem gears ...and landing position is same as in pics...will try tomorrow...