Sign in to follow this  
mohand777

How To Addon Ship in Game ?

Hay Guys. I Want To Learn How Addon Ship in Sf2 ? And which best sf2 for the wars in the sea ? na or europe or israel or vietnam ???

Edited by mohand777

1) try posting the question in a Forum where such question would be relevant (hence my moving the thread to the proper SF2 Forum)

2) did you read the enclosed readme for the ship?? It should explain all that is needed to know

Meaning: if the uploader has done his/her job properly, inside the zip you'll have an /Objects folder, with the necessary sub-folders (hard to get the folder tree to show as text...

//Objects

GroundObject/

-name of ship folder

Guns/

-for any guns needed

Weapons/

-any new missiies

Ships are best installed to game where a full 5 merged install exists - that is, with SF2NA as part of the core install, as NA carries most of the code..  The only stock terrain that has be proper coding for ships is SF2NA's IcelandNA.

Further information can be found by searching the Knowledge Base, and various posts about "Naval Units", or asking a more direct question pertaining to a particular game (SF2V, I, etc) or 3rd party terrain.

thank you

But I Have instaled a carrier. but i didn't find it in game

as I said above, without the "naval zones" present, which ONLY exists on the IcelandNA terrain, carriers and other battle groups will NOT show up on any other terrain by themselves. Some modifications will be needed.

Meaning: without NA, and/or terrains BUILT for Naval Units, no battle groups will show up.

You're not giving us enough information to answer the question -- which game and which terrain(s)?  The more data we have, the better and in more depth we can assist.

With the mission editor you can set the battle group on any terrain

With the mission editor you can set the battle group on any terrain

That is, if you don't mind them sailing on land.