Wrench

So, who want to build some airplanes?

some weeks ago, at my request, I received all the Daniels (Cocas) MAX files for our unfinished WW2 aircraft projects. I have also posted this list, and the request in the Modders Forum, but wanted to now show everyone and ask for the assist.

I got 24 aircraft, in varying states of build ... some are more complete than others (the Beau looks to be 99% done - and would have been used for at least 5 late mark versions, 6 late, X, TFX early and late with and without thimble nose radars. the meshes are separate, by my request, making them removable via the data ini trick)

Unfortunately, these are in MAX 2009 format; and with the little knowledge I have, don't know if they are down convertible to earlier versions. Since I have MAX 09, I can view them -- I just can't actually DO anything with them! :sad:

So, below is a list of the aircraft.

Only to good homes, with the intent of FREEWARE releases here at CA, to replace any/all of those not readily available to all. Other work (skinning, FM creation, etc) can be discussed at a later date.

Interested parties please contact me via PM, or post in this thread.

you got it Russ. Be heading your way shortly.  I don't know what exact state it's in, but ...

I'm offering a 50$ cash compensation for the 3D artist who finishes the Tu-2. What's needed is an optimized LOD0 with greatly reduced poly count and a few low rez LODs. Any other edits and fixes is considered a blessing. Money via paypal or whatever suits.

I know, it could be considered a joke if you put it on the commercial market and sell it for a lot more money. But with the freeware spirit of the CA community I'm hoping you could find it in your heart to give us a big discount. Plus keep in mind that it is not a brand new creation, as Wrench already has the source max files, and the exported LOD already works in game. You just have to optimize it so that the SF2 engine can run it without too much performance hit. And 50$ is still good money I reckon, smokes, drinks, a few good meals or a video game or 2. I could use 50$ myself!

Alternatively if ya want to go all in, there're some good quality commercial max files (like http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/tupolev-2-max/774415)to build upon. But in that case my funds will likely go into purchasing the source max file instead, so this is if you're really commited.

Why do this Do335.. Well the Tu-2 is not a popular aircraft by any means, I hardly see it get finished otherwise. As this is likely the last aircraft needed for korea I'm willing to give it a final push. IMO SF2 is really the best platform for a 50s era dogfight theater and would like to see it complete.

In case anyone is interested plz send a reply in this thread and shoot me a PM so I know we got a taker!

Edited by Do335
  • Like 3

i export then has obj if needed just ask it would make me very happy to see the bird fly.