Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

Alt-N and mission time

Hi all,

I know the time that counts toward the one in the pilot log book is the ''in-game'' flight time. If you skip (Alt-N), time passed in this warp will not count.

Did any of you know of to solve this? I know that if you do time accel. (2x, 4x and 8x) time will count because you are ''flying''. Doing full missions in the North Atlantic map can be so boring when flying full mission and not skipping any part...

I you like from time to time do the Alt-N thing without ''penalising'' my logbook

sorta related at sfp-1,, after warp I get sidewinder missles floating around outside of cockpit

I guess none of you ever played the old DOS game, "Megafortress" (the Old Dog). There WAS no warp -- only sped up time. Some missions took 3-4 HOURS to play.

The IcelandNA map is one of the SMALLEST in the entire series ...

You can always add another time speed to the setting. ( don't remember who found this, so I can't credit them...)

Extract the FlightEngine.ini, and place in the /Flight folder

change or add the settings in bold

[FlightEngine]
HUDDLL=HUD.dll
HUDDataFilename=HUDData.ini
CommDLL=Comm.dll
CommDataFilename=CommData.ini
ObjectList=ObjectList.ini
SoundList=SoundList.ini
ViewList=ViewList.ini
ParticleSystem=ParticleSystem.ini
EnvironmentSystem=EnvironmentSystem.ini
MessageSystem=MessageSystem.ini
SpeechSystem=SpeechSystem.ini
DeltaT=0.016667
MaxDeltaT=0.100
RefreshTime=0.016667
//ChangeTimeAmount=15
ChangeTimeAmount=60
//MaxTimeCompression=8.0
MaxTimeCompression=16
StartTimeCompression=1
StartPaused=FALSE
ShowCockpit=TRUE
TextFilename=FlightText.str
EjectView=EjectView

things DO move very quickly @ 16x, let me tell you!!

--------------

SFP1 question should remain in the SFP1 (1stGen) Forums. SF2 doesn't have that problem

Thanks Wrench.

I know that by addind the MaxTimeCompression value i will now have an accel. up to 16x.

But what does the ChangeTimeAmount value do. Is it the one while in game we can advance time (like day mission i want to play at another time like night?

The longest missions i made were in Silent hunter,  patrol took sometime 2-3 hours long (real time)...

I honestly don't know what those time statements actually do!!! :biggrin:

You're to change the "time of day selection" on the Single Mission Screen, like below. If you have the 3W mission editor, you can use that to set the actual hour

Okay, this is what i suspected. The ChangeTimeAmount is related to the ''jump time'' while in mission. The default is doing step time of 15 minutes.

So let's say your mission starts at 12:00, you take off and you want to jump time while in flight, while pressins Alt-C time will jump of 15 minutes. If you change the value to 60, you will jump of 60 minutes and so on... This change is not related to the Alt-N (next encounter) and does not change in any way the mission time. It's just that if you are tired of day missions in campaigns, you can do some at dusk, dawn, night...

As for the time Accel. that did the trick. Missions take less time (even tried at 24x for fun and tought my F-14 was an X-Wing), without compomising my flight log.

On some maps, or some planes, using time warp causes my wingmen to crash into me, what is that about?