Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

Nvidia no longer working after windows 10 update

Hi Guys,

Since last windows 10 update, seems my Nvidia card encountered some problems. First was no longer recognized and no Nvidia programs were working anymore. Couls even not run the upgrade for drivers.

Uninstalled everything related to Nvidia and downloaded the Nvidia experience and ta dah! my 840M was recognized! But with old drivers as it seems the update is still not working...

Now, my problem is that in World of Warships i can run the game well with my Nvidia Card, bu my SF2 game don't see it... It seems also that the Nvidia control panel has gone with this update and it was by that program i instructed to run my SF2 game with my graphic card.

Kid of lost here, have you got such problems and any way to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Was that the last major auto update to windows build 10586? - it decided to get rid of my NVIDIA drivers and put on the latest ones!

You can manually download the driver version you want from NVIDIAs website. (you will need to uninstall the current drivers from progs & features as normal.) 

Yes, it's the one.

Installed the GEForce Experience and installed a default driver. But still can't update to the newer one. Still cn't see my rphic card in SF2 game...

Go to the NVIDIA site and download the version you want (ensure you get correct 32 bit or 64 bit for your version of windows)  353.62 will work.

Remove all NVIDIA apps from windows the usual way. 

go to C:\NVIDIA and delete everything in there.

restart system, then install the NVIDIA stuff from what you downloaded ( Go to custom you probably only need the drivers and experience) - tick the box for a clean install

Edited by MigBuster

id that Mig and my card is now recognized in windows and some recent games. Driver i have is 353.54.

now, in SF2 still no card recognized...

i'm scratchin my head for the last 4 days...

id that Mig and my card is now recognized in windows and some recent games. Driver i have is 353.54.

now, in SF2 still no card recognized...

i'm scratchin my head for the last 4 days...

Go into BIOS and disable the onboard {Intel} graphcs, and then try again.

Could try that Fubar, but two question :

1- (The noob one) : Can you write me where to go and what command to type to do that?

2- (Technical one) : If after disabling it it don't work, will i loose ''sight'' (no graphic card equals nothing...)?

Thanks!

OK, first off, I need to know what brand and model  of computer (or motherboard) you're running.

Okay, i disabled the onboard intel graphic ''card''.

Here is what i got : Microsoft basic Driver..

arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Go into device manager in Windows, and disable the Basic render driver.  If you ask me, you are the victim of a porked driver install, and should run a good, 3rd party video driver uninstaller, and reinstall the Nvidia driver.

Before taking any action I'd recommend disabling driver updates via Windows update - I've also had it swap out my NVidia driver for whichever one it fancies!
Open system properties, select the hardware tab, then Device installation settings.  If using Win 10 build 10586/1511 change the yes to a no.  I'd then use Display driver uninstaller, and install the NVidia driver you wish to use with "perform clean install" checked.

This used to happen to me a lot. However, if i start a mission and fly for a few seconds then escape out of the game the NVIDIA card started showing.

Then using nvidia control panel i selected my GPU as the preferred processor for strike fighters and it now shows my nvidia card.

I played the game as Saisran told, but no change.

I uninstalled everything from Nvidia and performed a clean install. Card recognized, but not in SF2.

Ultimate test, get back to my restore point BEFORE the damn update have been applied and everything was back to normal (control panel is accessible and can now tell the game to run with the Nvidia Card. Re-installed the Win10 update manually, checked again and it is still working as it is supposed to. (Nvidia Card is recognized in my SF2 game.

So i guess the problem came from the update install as after the restart i checked the grapics option and Nvidia was telling me to restart again to activate the video card?!? I did just that and Ta dah!

BUT, when i click on my desktop icon of my ''merged install'' SF2 game, seems to only see the ''regular merged game... Will make a new shortcut and see if it works. Had this problem on my first Win10 install, but don't remember how i solved it :)

Will then install back the GeForce Experience program and everything should be just fine...