Is it possible to convert existing SF series 2 Mods aircraft for use in SF 1 games, as I am not a SF 2 user, but I am impressed with several SF 2 add-on aircraft  mods which I would like to have, but can't use.  

Any advice would help thanks.

as 98.6% of the new lods are in Unicode, they are unreadable by 1stGens.

maybe it's time to think about evolving up to SF2?? :dntknw:

Hi, i use the converter from this site. Please look in SFP1 under utilities. I had converted a lot SF2 planes down to SF1, but with different results. Sometimes you will need a program to convert .jpg to .bmp pictures, i use program Format Factory for it.

Sorry for my terrible english. I hope, you understand what i mean.

you need a program to Convert plane skin from JPG to BMP and Need to download NotePad+++ To Convert INI Files

Hi, i use the converter from this site. Please look in SFP1 under utilities. I had converted a lot SF2 planes down to SF1, but with different results. Sometimes you will need a program to convert .jpg to .bmp pictures, i use program Format Factory for it.

Sorry for my terrible english. I hope, you understand what i mean.

Thanks for the reply  Foxtrott

So if this converter actually works, how do I use it once installed to convert SF2 files into SF1 format ????? 

converting the skins from jpg/dds to bmp format, and inis from Unicode to ANSI will do you no good, if as I said above, the LOD itself is in Unicode. There's no way to convert that, outside of 3dsMax.

The best results with convertig SF2 in SF1 world you get if you use "Wings over Israel Operation Kadesh" as first gen basic game. This game can handle more SF2 planes then the other first gen games, but not all.

Thanks to all of you for your replies, I had considered obtaining SF2 but I have found that it is only available as a download and not as a physical CD disc which I could purchase from somewhere like Amazon.

Never mind I will stick with SF1 for now. Thanks anyway for the replies. 

• Like 1