Hiya mate, I have downloaded your Glads and Falco , and the Pilots. Now I am aware that the pilots are designed for FE2 however, I have got all 3 Italian pilots working just lovely in SF2 , I also have the RAF Desert pilot working in SF2, but for the life of me, I cannot get the RAF Euro pilots to play ball, and I would really like to have these chaps, as your prop pilots ( the Italian Euro with mask in particular) to use as prop and transport pilots in SF2....any clues as to how to get the RAF Euro bods to jolly well get out of the Officers Mess, and go and fly some Cabbage Crates in a non FE2 environment.

P.S. I REALLY REALLY REALLY like these pilots, oh yeah and the German WWI pilot, how do you get it to work with the scarf as there are 2 heads in the file.....a bit confused on that one too.

Hiya mate, I have downloaded your Glads and Falco , and the Pilots. Now I am aware that the pilots are designed for FE2 however, I have got all 3 Italian pilots working just lovely in SF2 , I also have the RAF Desert pilot working in SF2, but for the life of me, I cannot get the RAF Euro pilots to play ball, and I would really like to have these chaps, as your prop pilots ( the Italian Euro with mask in particular) to use as prop and transport pilots in SF2....any clues as to how to get the RAF Euro bods to jolly well get out of the Officers Mess, and go and fly some Cabbage Crates in a non FE2 environment.

P.S. I REALLY REALLY REALLY like these pilots, oh yeah and the German WWI pilot, how do you get it to work with the scarf as there are 2 heads in the file.....a bit confused on that one too.

I'm not sure how to answer your question because all the pilots were made the same way.  I'll try making some new LODs of the RAF Europilots that use SF naming conventions, then PM you or post them here.  Dunno if this will work, but we gotta start somewhere.

I've attached a test RAF Euro pilot with oxy mask below.  I made a new LOD in the same identical manner as I made the Italian pilots, which appear to work OK.  The only difference is this pilot is named RAFeuroPilotOx.  If this does not work, I guess we'll have to ask the community for ideas.

Test SF Pilot.rar

I shall give it a test buddy....as I say the Italian pilots work just fine, its the RAF Euro ones that don't want to work....( see attached files ) looking forward to more of your stuff bud, the Glads and the Falcos are lovely, cant wait for the SF2 versions !!

ITALIAN PILOTS.rar

I shall give it a test buddy....as I say the Italian pilots work just fine, its the RAF Euro ones that don't want to work....( see attached files ) looking forward to more of your stuff bud, the Glads and the Falcos are lovely, cant wait for the SF2 versions !!

Baffmeister is finishing up the latestest updates to the Falco.  Once the dogfight duo is up to date in FE2, then I'll make the SF2 versions.

• Like 1

wooohoo...look forward to it

they'll be welcome replacements for my 'hack job' FMs for the ones we have now by Cocas and Veltro!

I actually took the CR 42 for a test fly in SF2 yesterday, and very nice it is too, so when the proper version comes out a happy little bunny I shall be.

Baffmeister is on the home stretch for upgrading the dogfight duo, so we should have some revised files ready in a week or so.  A few tweaks will be added to the Glads.  The 1940 CR42 will be upgraded, plus two more versions added eventually - the mid-war fighter bomber and late-war intruder. He has also sent me a template SF2 file collection so I don't have to reinvent the wheel when I make the SF2 versions.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 2

they'll be welcome replacements for my 'hack job' FMs for the ones we have now by Cocas and Veltro!

I used yours as a starting point. Thanks!

and the German WWI pilot, how do you get it to work with the scarf as there are 2 heads in the file.....a bit confused on that one too.

Could you be more specific?  Which German pilot?

I think the file name is New German Pilot ?  it has 2 jpgs in there one being german head, and the other one is black winter pilot, or winter black pilot.....forget which.

I think the file name is New German Pilot ?  it has 2 jpgs in there one being german head, and the other one is black winter pilot, or winter black pilot.....forget which.

Ah, got it now.  He is an old WW1 pilot included by mistake - I archived those files and can't conveniently access them.  The current batch of Glad/CR42 pilots are third generation in terms of complexity and realism.  The German pilot in question is generation 2, made with an earlier torso (first jpg) to which a new head (second jpg) was added.  Its faster/easier for me to use parts of already existing artwork, rather than waste time making new artwork.  Some current pilots will even have a third jpg, usually for the scarf.

Yes I know the file in question is a FE2 pilot, but it does actually work in SF2 as well, however, just as the plain pilot, blact helmet and goggles etc, but the second jpg in that file is the head with the scarf round his mouth, how do you get that one to show up in either FE2 or SF2 , sorry I am maybe not being totally clear here.

Yes I know the file in question is a FE2 pilot, but it does actually work in SF2 as well, however, just as the plain pilot, blact helmet and goggles etc, but the second jpg in that file is the head with the scarf round his mouth, how do you get that one to show up in either FE2 or SF2 , sorry I am maybe not being totally clear here.

You can't get there from here.  :cry:

The pilot LOD you have is a hybrid.  It uses the torso shown in the striped scarf art.  However, I grafted a new head onto that old torso - it uses the other artwork entitled "New German Pilot."  The 3D model head that used the striped scarf is no longer part of that model.

If you really want the winter scarf, DL the WW1 Halberstadt D5 from First Eagles.  The pilots folder contains several different WW1 pilots - the "British Winter Pilot" is what you want.  Overwrite the existing art - BrWntrPilot - with Black Winter Pilot art, but continue to call the art file "BrWntrPilot"

Then adapt the end result to run in SF2.  Because the 3D models in question are no longer on my hard drive, that's the best I can do for you - I eliminated those early models about two years ago.  Dunno if I can reconstruct a new pilot figure from remaining bits and pieces but I'll look and see.

AHHH ok....I think I already have that file floating around somewhere, I shall play around with it and see what is what......Cheers bud !!