EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

UH-60 pack:

- Went over the Fire Geometries and cleaned up and enhanced the HitPoints for the various glass and other systems, via config and of course all the models.

- AH-64D hasn't been touched at all yet.

UH-1:

- Removed the "GEAR" indicator on the MFD

- Switched out the DAGRS for DARs. Given various reference photos there is no real reason to make them visible in the pods.

- Need to confirm if it can be deployed via Zeus

Gun pack:

wip1683.jpg

- I was able to get the M70A1 working, some issues with clipping (even the TV Show version was quite big and probably used a custom holster, which I can't mod for the game). There is the ability to "Shrink" the pistol in the holster but debating that as most of the guns are designed to look somewhat normal without clipping. As such it sticks out but I still like how it's working out so far. It'll have a railed top as in the picture and on the left hand side a laser/light slot, as the show version  had some fake visible laser thingamajig to make it look cool. Otherwise it's a Glock 17 that fires only JHP ammo.

Kiowa:

wip1682.jpg

- Got the doors set and the glass also set (still needs some tweaking) and texturing to be done. As such it's slowly coming along.

Edited by EricJ

Okay some things:

Weapons Pack

- Apparently figured out the issue with VAS and my version of the AN/PRC-152 and how it would not reload with loadouts, Apprently it's just the DIsplayname, and not the classname is the issue with them, so no change to the overall classname, but will just be "PRC-152". So when you save a loadout with them, it won't magically disappear when TFAR is enabled.

- Graphics glitching. Apparently when you enter a vehicle and exit, my weapons glitch for some reason, methinks it may be a model.cfg issue so I'll see about fixing that. For now just grab my weapons or go to Virtual Arsenal and just select a weapon, doesn't matter. So then that bug can be worked around. Once I'm back into it I"ll see if redoing the model.cfg will fix that issue.

- Addon Builder is doing some funky business with the Alphas so at night at certain angles you literally can't see shit, only so far noticed with the ACOGs.

UH-1:

- I've tweaked some things and moving he pilot positions around like the UH-60s so it looks right, and yes the sticks will be animated. Once I get that done and confirm I can use Zeus, that will be out shortly once those are settled.

I have an XO and LIne skin to knock out for DCS so within a couple days I'll be more back into A3.

Some M70A1 work:

wip1684.jpg

wip1686.jpg

wip1687.jpg

And initial Rattler seeker head texturing. In this case I'm opting to not use a Hellfire type system, but keep it simple, texture courtesy of ADuke823:

wip1685.jpg

And finally (Helps if you use a different classname):

wip1688.jpg

And finally textured:

wip1689.jpg

And finally, a cool picture can be done:

wip1690.jpg

Weapons Pack:

- Okay having some teething issues with my version of the TFAR AN/PRC-152 as on a dedicated server so far it completely disappears when TFAR initializes. So that's for something to fix.

- Adding a requested Bulldog 7.62 rifle, both standard and some kind of GL version, more to follow on that. People I don't mind requests but realize that me accepting doesn't mean you can flood me with more. Seriously I have more than enough on my plate and so far need some time to work on just more than requests. Sometimes I do more, but overall I can't do everything, nor will I always want to.

- Need to finalize the M70A1.

- That and other necessary fixes will be slated for the next version.

UH-60

- RC19 will not have the mentioned and brought up Apache. I'm having some issues and given that I promised working missiles on the MH-92 DAPs I can finally deliver later on Friday. I had hoped to slip it in and "works" but there are some more issues so RC20 will probably see the Apache.

UH-1:

- For some reason the rotors started to shrink and expand when starting up so.... WTF is going through my mind so I need to go through that as well as figure out why the sticks won't move. Figures the easiest part gives me the most trouble. I asked Odie0531 about S[eedballs but given that usually the USMC steals off of the US Army, I will at least include two but overall like the rest, milsim units have that responsibility to make their own versions.

Kiowa:

- Will texture the doors and hopefully get  an Alpha out.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtZ0l4TURBX05pX1k/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ UH-60 Pack RC19
- Fixed MH/UH-60M MFD geometries
- Fixed Alpha "blue" effect on various aircraft.
- Disabled door commands for the DAPs, both for the -60s and -92s as well as removed model.cfg entries
- Improved S-94 SlingLoad display monitor geometries, as well as the ability for it to be turned off if needed.
- Doors slide further based on real world references.
- UH/MH-92s now have a separate MFD "page" for sling load operations, and is operable by only the pilot.
- Removed the cheap sling MFD geometry for the S-94s, and moved the sling load page to the Pilot's MFD. By default it is off and can be turnd on and off.
- AH/MH-6 references the right pilot type.
- Fixed orientation of the Clan signs on the bottom of the fuselages
- Fixed the USN Clan sign positions on the new door geometries.
- Fixed the "floating" needle.
- Removed the useless hoist from the UH/MH-92 models. When the game allows for such a capability then it will be put back.
- Standardized external glass RVMATs so all helos have a uniform appearance both internally and externally.
- Cleaned up various MH-92 DAP geometries
- Tweaked Pilot and Co-Pilot positions so they would look better graphically.
- Courtesy of ADuke823 the ducted fans were remapped, changing the Hiddenselections requirements for the S-94s and UH/MH-92s.
- S-92 (White) now corrected to S-94 (White)
- Updated the glass and added hitpoints to better show damage modeling
- Added a new missile for the MH-92s, the "AGM-117 Rattler", a futuristic Hellfire.
- Fixed the MH-60M 4-Pylon (Hellfire) Compass MFDs as well as removed the "Floading" compass geometry.
- Fixed Compass MFDs on the -60Ms.
- Improved Hellfire and Rattler performance

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtUkR1OHV1amhtRm8/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke UH-1Y RC2
- Removed GEAR indicator on the HMD display
- Added 2 Speedballs (thanks with some assistance from Odie0531)
- Available via Zeus
- Switched out the DAGRs for DAR rockets instead.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtdGtuLUhCblRFS0E/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke UH-1Y RC3

- Requires Game version 1.56
- Wreck is textured.

Back to work... Starting right now on the new sound system for weapons. Right now everything other than specific weapon sounds is very generic (uses the Test setup as a base. So far things sound normal. Bear in mind that i don't have a sound studio so when released there is no real Close,Mid,Distant ranged sounds. Maybe if there's a difference then I can see on how to tweak the sounds maybe, but for now it works, which is good.

After some testing I noticed that the new A3 sound system is in fact pretty damn cool. I was on the 25th ID server (Formerly TF Warhorse) and playing against CSAT I noted that when you fired... they didn't automatically pinpoint where I was at, even without a Suppressor. I managed to kill a squad minus without a single shot fired at me, at 100 metersish or so. So the sounds do work with the new system (now that I figured how to implement it. Things to finish up:

- Bulldog weapons

- M70A1

- New Soundset for the pistols.

As far as the Kiowa goes the Unsung Mod was looking at the aircraft and they have some people going over it since I really don't have much skill with inside aircraft textures, always been an external artist and so on. But overall that will hopefully progress beyond the stage I was at. Given it will be for them a 'Nam era model, not much to expect from there.

The UH-60 pack will see some more MFD interaction, mainly a pilot "page" for the FLIR on the MH-60s with a FLIR system (Army, Navy) installed. I'm also trying to make the Compasses disappear and will spend more time after the gun pack on those areas.

And the cleared (By The Edge via Plinskin):

wip1692.jpg

wip1693.jpg

Weapons pack

-Speaking of gun work.... right now Addon Builder is giving me issues again. Yes I'll still work with it but so far like the M468, the only major issue is animations, like the flip sights somehow hover below the weapon. Otherwise since it's a bullpup M14 the weapon does work, other than the animation issues.

- Given the MP issues with my custom AN/PRC-152s I may drop those and instead just use the BIS radios for TF Black units. The LR rucks work fine still so I'm not going to mess with them. Maybe I'll get with nkey and send him the link so he can add a more real world setting for his mod. Given that I'm inheriting from the BIS radio I may need to make a new radio so it'll work.

- Just have to texture the M70A1, otherwise it works too in-game.

UH-60 work:

- Still planning on making more MFD "pages" to mess with on the -60Ms a bit, though mainly it's to turn off the Compasses incase you don't need them, other than that not much work, as well as MFD pages for the FLIR equipped versions.

UH-1Y

- Again as mentioned only retuning the mini and the M2 for better and more realistic ballistics. There's not much more I can do with it so as things progress I'll see.

Okay looks like I was just not doing stuff right (shows what happens when you're distracted in some ways) and making sure:

wip1694.jpg

Apparently the "issue" was only my fault, so now that's fixed I can move forward.

Overall a weapons test will only to verify if the proxies are set right, but otherwise no other real change.

Some more work, this time getting the shroud mapped, I used the Object Builder (yes I know, Blender is better, but need to learn how to do that first) UV Mapping and it "worked", so the more I get familiar with that (never used that until now) the more I can better map things:

wip1695.jpg

wip1696.jpg

Some SRSS Bulldog gameplay, not very good against one dude but hey it works :)

Bulldog in Green (one of the supplied textures, hiddenselections works with this weapon:

wip1697.jpg

With all slots that are available:

wip1698.jpg

And the M320 version:

wip1699.jpg

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtcXdld245SW1wTm8/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack RC80
- HK615s have a modified PMAG model, original model courtesy of Aduke823.
- Added a SRSS Bulldog, courtesy of the orginal author, as well as a variant with an M320, also in Green, The Edge from the CSSBanana site.
- Changed sounds to the new 3D sound system.
- Added an M70A1, which is from the old TV Show, Space: Above and Beyond.
- Removed Custom Harris AN/PRC-152s due to configuaration issues.

Okay:

Weapons Pack:

- Maintenance update mainly, someone on Steam mentioned a proper sound for the Masterkey, so I'll get that added.

- I'm really thinknig of removing the ammoboxes given even I don't really care for them anymore myself, its a lot of work when there is Virtual Arsenal and VAS, ASORGS, as well as other ways to manage your addons. I know a lot of "old Skool" people like it but I personally don't care for it myself anymore. However if the community still likes it I'll still have it around, mainly for something to drop for Zeus, even though you can configure boxes as yous see fit anyway.

UH-60s

- Mainly MFD work and other stuff that probably needs to be tweaked.

Kiowa

- UNSUNG people have it in their hands, so once they get the bird setup better than I had it, I'll start back on that.

UH-1Y

- Not much, planning on redoing the ballstics on the M2 and mini. So not much else to do with that.

Okay a short video showing the new ammunition tweaks for the .50 SLAP on the UH-1Y:

And made a compromise on the ammo box. It'll be empty (intentionally except for a couple First Aid Kits) but still able to be filled with gear and the like.

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtcDNPNjJfX0ljTDQ/view?usp=sharing

ADuke UH-1Y RC4
- Improved M2 SLAP ammo performance
- Ammo box mesh now rotates properly with the weapon.

Edited by EricJ

DCS:

- Doing some more skin work for the Super Hornet module, so it'll be about a week or so while I get some of those done.

Star Citizen

- Working on the Angel dropship here and there (EricJ562 if you play it BTW).

Weapons Pack

- Found a few errors and fixed them, path errors for the Bulldogs.

- Made a basic Ammobox and deleted the others (Equipment and Item) so you'll have something to drop on the ground and won't ruin too many people's missions.

Uh-1Y

- Nothing more planned as of yet. Some ideas but nothing solid.

UH-60s

-MFD work as I go along.

Kiowa

- Right now with the UNSUNG team making it a Vietnam-era bird development is fairly on hold, hopefully Sig [uSMC] is able to get the stuff textured (saw a WIP shot and it looks good) so I can get a basic version out.

Just thinking out loud...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtSFNSa3NjaU1oMGM/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack RC81
- Removed the various boxes, but left the weapon box filled with some First Aid Kits for use with Zeus to filled as necessary.
- Fixed the path for the Bulldog inventory items.
- Fixed the M24 Soundset entry

Okay:

DCS:

- Back to doing more skins for DCS: Super Hornet.

Star Citizen:

- It's not a full on project but I mess with the Angel here and there to get it finalized so when I'm able to add it to the game, I will, etc.

Gun pack:

- Right now I don't have any enthusiasm or new ideas, nor really looking for some right now. I know Plainskin has been hounding me for a VEPR, and may look into it then, but maybe in a week or two. I simply don't have much need to do gun work after two years. It's fairly settled and should things be added yes I will add those capabilities, but don't look for much work on this end.

UH-60s

- Still need to get around to doing the MFDs, not much else.

UH-1

-Not much else I can do so that's on the backburner

Kiowa:

- Once I get the finalized and textured bird I will get a basic unarmed version out, when TBD.

Since Karen Libera Smith's harassment, hacking and manipulation (nine years, wants only sex).

So could you delete this topic? Thanks.