EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtZld3NVRzUEZ5dEU/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ HeloSkins RC5
- Added a Desert Digital scheme, pattern courtesy of SkateZilla

• Like 1

Moving on, for now I am not worried about using a custom sound for the XX-92s and favored the default Ghost Hawk sounds instead given that for now it's good enough to use. I am trying to contact LordJarhead and replacing the sound for the H-60s (all versions) with the JSRS Ghost Hawk sound given that its time to also take a look at the sounds as well.

Some basic Container enhancement work:

wip1800.jpg

wip1801.jpg

A short video of the sound setup so far for the AH-96 and the XX-92s:

And a couple videos showing the MH-92 (or just plain XX-92 series) and the AH-96 with the sound values in an "outside" environment"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtdEJQazZoenAwSjA/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's OH-58 Kiowa AC6
- Replaced A2 textures with the Ghost Hawk textures for window geometries

And thanks to LordJarhead:

Spent some time last night (as well as this morning currently) and did manage to get a Medic Container working:

wip1802.jpg

It can also like the Medic HEMTT and Huron container heal wounded (just basic game logic). I'll add the ACE3 config entries and hopefully it maybe, can heal players that way too, but again contents are strictly BIS.

Some more facelifts of the XX-92s:

wip1804.jpg

wip1805.jpg

wip1806.jpg

wip1807.jpg

And some tweaking of the not real missiles (still working on that issue, may just have to make a new one....

wip1808.jpg

And taking the suggestion about re-adjusting the seating position of the Coyote:

Also added a non-functional MFD to replace the old geometry as part of the cockpit facelift:

wip1810.jpg

Also managed to move around the sticks for the pilot area given the current animation, still WIP.

On a whim an RDA SEC-FOR (Avatar) skin (non-faction, don't want James Cameron to shut me down):

wip1811.jpg

As well as some texture work from Sig [uSMC] on the Kiowa:

wip1812.jpg

Some texture tweaking:

wip1813.jpg

wip1814.jpg

As well as Hellfire/Rattler launchers:

wip1815.jpg

A NATO themed UH-92 (NATO). This version has a metric HUD:

wip1817.jpg

As well as a UH-60M (NATO), so factional skins can be done for that specific faction. Given that the HMD is not present it so far is an appearance rather than most other things, as well as a basis for any NATO-esque skins.

wip1818.jpg

Also for the S-94s I'm going to remove the skin variations in lieu of the Appearance system, since it limits selections based on faction, and since the S-94s are Civilian there is no need to maintain different versions, just the base S-94 with the ability to set various colors in the Eden editor (for those mission makers who actually use them).

The other half of the Kiowa:

wip1819.jpg

I'm going to shoot for an end of the week release for RC25 though, maybe sooner depending how I feel

After that:

- Kiowa update, at least with the Sig [uSMC] textures, probably tomorrow as it's almost time for me to get to bed.

- AH-1Z pure, no Franken stuff. I've mentioned that I was going to get to it, and frankly will and started to work on getting the textures at least working with the port. Not sure on most of the features (folding blades, static rotor holders, etc). But a standalone version is in the works, just have to stop tweaking the UH-60 pack.

- Gun pack probably do some texture tweaking as well as probably some armor variations, well more like some other BIS armor in Multicam but again nothing major. Most of the energy is being devoted to the helos at the moment as the gun pack is fairly stable, and probably will incrementally work on the Black River PMC stuff to get that trucking. The helos that I'm planning will more than likely be just some Orcas and the like, much like the A2 PMC unit. But with of course Western weapons as opposed to Russian stuff, just for variety's sake.

- Also ACE3 Fastrope for the UH-1Y, haven't forgotten...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtbW9mbzNKaEJpUkE/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's OH-58 Kiowa AC7
- Improved external textures courtesy of Sig (USMC)

A general Desert Tan scheme for the NATO faction for the helos:

wip1820.jpg

wip1821.jpg

As well as tweaking the TADS on the XX-92s:

wip1822.jpg

A generic black scheme. This will form the basis (tomorrow as the emblem is coming more into frutiion, at least in my mind anyway) for the Black River PMC unit, which will essentially use a "surplus" Blackhawk, or just something to have as OPFOR, even though an Orca would be easier to buy PMC-wise and this example will be available to the NATO faction:

wip1823.jpg

wip1824.jpg

Basic Black River PMC texture, nothing fancy:

wip1825.jpg

wip1826.jpg

Finally sat down for a minute and worked out some Black River PMC units:

Helicopter pilot:

wip1827.jpg

And for the weapons pack eventually:

Black River PMC Soldier

wip1828.jpg

The overall intent is to keep them fairly generic (it may change, we'll see) but overall is a way to keep it light on mod necessities and so on.

Final look for the Black River PMC Helicopter Pilot:

wip1829.jpg

Initial unit work for the Weapons pack, and other than being the wrong scope (now fixed) shows the general look. I may make a custom ruck so they can have a set of NVGs in the bag as well as some additional gear, along with a couple RGOs (easily fixed):

wip1830.jpg

And final look of the Black, and Black River PMC UH-60M:

wip1831.jpg

Also on the note of the helos.. If you catch me on either the 173rd server, or any other server and I'm flying the Ghost Hawk, please feel free to stop telling me to retract the gear... I know it retracts (I have 4422 hours in the game already) so don't need to be reminded it. Given that I'm We tod did on that issue should just be left alone. Besides I don't think retracting the gear helps anyway, and never had any issues with them down. Besides I'm so "special" that I'll forget to extend them, and just one less thing to worry about.

In between Karen Libera Smith trying to blackmail me, I managed to delete the rescue hoist from the US Army Blackhawks and left it on the US Navy ones only, given reference photos I dug up.

Managed to retexture the Hellfire glass with the Ghost Hawk textures, somewhat "fixing" the blue glass effect (not by much but looks better now):

wip1832.jpg

And taking a leaf from the Prowler as far as lift rings for the containers (just atmospherics though the slingload points will be adjusted when finished:

wip1833.jpg