EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

Some more helo work:

wip1715.jpg

I managed to reskin the Huron and make it into an "MH-67" that will pretty much just a cool looking CH-67. Nothing more than a HUD, and some SOAR specific gear loaded into it, and no IR suppression system either given the size of the helo. Also did a MEV UH-92:

wip1716.jpg

Otherwise it's pretty much like the UH-60 version.

Took Wansec_6's suggestion while waiting for an orgmate to show up for a gaming session:

wip1717.jpg

wip1718.jpg

wip1719.jpg

If you ask me it looks pretty righteous and just plain sick looking at least in Buldozer... Still not a bad idea. More than likely you'll see this in RC25 as once I figure out the repair functions for RC24 I'll upload and work on this some more.

Early flight test (flies pretty decent):

wip1720.jpg

wip1721.jpg

Added a requested V-Tail:

wip1722.jpg

And updated the FLIR sensor ball a bit:

wip1723.jpg

As for the Kiowa, got a PM from eggbeast who said that Sig [uSMC] is going through some RL stuff so effectively until otherwise told the Kiowa is on hold.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtQ3piaU92VkZJV1k/view?usp=sharing

Steam Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=748513833

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's Kiowa AC1

NOTE THAT THIS IS AN ALPHA, AND I KNOW IT'S NOT COMPLETE, THANKS!

Due to the extenuating circumstances and at least this aircraft can fly and do basic recon work (MMS works perfectly) I figured that at least an Alpha can be released, much as I personally dislike alphas. It should be noted that this is ADuke's (ADuke823 on the BI Forums) original work, and he farmed it to me to get it released into the public hands. Note it is uploaded "As is" for now.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Cockpit isn't textured
- Aircraft has a basic texture
- Over time it will get some TLC depending on some external reasons, and when those clear up I will of course post updates as I go along.
- No AFM support as of yet, when able will implement it. Otherwise enjoy it :)

Some AT-99 Scorpion (from Avatar) influence, moved the front of the skids towards the center. Right now I've settled on the aircraft being called the "AH-96 Coyote", the nomenclature is set, but the name could change, but I like Coyote as well (unless somebody has a better name):

wip1724.jpg

As well as weapons testing. Other than the turret not moving everything works so far. I do have a WIP video I recorded late last night (the HMD is fixed BTW) and will get that up tomorrow as it's getting late:

wip1725.jpg

More or less since this is not being a pain in the ass yet I'll save this for RC24, after some necessary texture tweaking (BIS's colors just are totally off) and some variants (going to try and do a British one, with Metric units for the HMD). Given the port nature though some beautification will be really necessary.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtaFpUZm8tR3JkWTQ/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke Kiowa AC2

AC2
- Doors removed from cargo view

A WIP video done yesterday. The HMD is fixed on the current version that I'm working on and shows the basic flight model, and so far has gone from what is shown to a more "tighter" FM so far.and frankly is where I think it should be anyway:

https://youtu.be/IQCisYy1sYM

More work, got the FLIR ball moving (just need to get the 20mm to move with it), as well as darkened the seeker heads on the Rattlers:

wip1726.jpg

wip1727.jpg

And the second test flight, it's more controllable now but it's also not hard to haul ass either...

Some preliminary cockpit modernization, and frankly cockpit makeover as well:

wip1729.jpg

I'm also slowly removing a lot of the legacy stuff (such as the TOW controller) as well as various other cockpit stuff that can go away.

wip1730.jpg

wip1732.jpg

wip1731.jpg

And some nose reshaping

wip1733.jpg

I've also removed some of the external features due to modern electronics/sensors as well as just not high quality anymore.

Added an analog Horizon ball for the pilot as well as a monitor feed of the gunner FLIR image:

wip1734.jpg

And a requested UH-60M Medevac configuration:

wip1735.jpg

And finally:

wip1736.jpg

The gun uses the old A2 values for the rraverse and elevation, etc. from the AH-1Z so there's not much of a change. I may also change it to a more Apache system but so far it works, so I'm not complaining too much right now.

After some flight testing of the Ah-96 I found out that the view is pretty bad for stuff like landing on something like the Fast Sea Frigate, so I have what are called "Flight Pages" for the pilot's seat, that has normal and NVG vision that is not slewed to the turret and frankly strictly for the pilot to use. Additionally I managed to get what I was derailed working, the Co-Pilot FLIR page can now be turned on and off (default on) by the Co-Pilot/Gunner (and named "CP/G FLIR On/Off" respectively, only for the military and PMC XX-92 birds. Given I'm getting better with adding pages and the like I'm considering adding an NVG page for the gunner on the Ah-96. Also currently all view pages are strictly left side MFD (has to do something) and tweaking some analog stuff.

Reworking the basic A2 texture to at least represent it better (BIS texture was way off):

wip1737.jpg

As well as WIP Formation light setup. I kept to the legacy spots (other than the top and tail rear):

wip1738.jpg

wip1739.jpg

wip1740.jpg

Also fixed the fan Formation strips:

wip1741.jpg

Here's a small video again with the AH-96, this time the Flight MFDs that i was talking about. For now it seems like a good location to assist in landings from the pilot's seat, as the copilot/gunner slot has a good enough view. Again that's how it currently sits, but I still may adjust it, etc.:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtaDE4WXpPNHhNaHc/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's OH-58 ALPHA

AC3
- Updated fuel capacity (thanks to Tierdisogni)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtaDE4WXpPNHhNaHc/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's Kiowa for A3

AC4
- Increased engine sound slightly
- Reduced max speed to 222 km/h

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtWktNY3BJUFpWWlk/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke's Kiowa for A3

AC5
- Fixed sound issue

Cleaned up the -92 fuselage, removed the old "bolted cover" and smoothed it out:

wip1742.jpg

And WIP texture for the AH-96. I'm seriously considering in redoing a template as quite frankly no matter what it looks like shit. I checked for a template but since one isn't anywhere I know I'll redo the whole bird, and get the hiddenselections working as for some reason I can set the camo in Arsenal but nowhere else, weird:

wip1743.jpg

Here's the new XX-92 "Hump" textured. Yes, it looks a bit mirrored given the back portion but overall I like how it turned out. I may remove that black square but haven't decided as it doesn't in my opinion detract from the skin:

wip1744.jpg

And broke down and starting to redo the AH-1Z texture:

wip1745.jpg

wip1746.jpg

I still have to implement that ACE3 repair code (I need a good example to add to the config.cpp, they just don't make it easy to just copy and paste). Other than that I'm shooting for next week for the helos.

And more progress, and showing the intended look for the USMC version anyway. The US Army and others will have respective looks but this is how at least one scheme will look:

wip1749.jpg

wip1750.jpg

Some MH-60L Tweaking and some TLC (finally). I still have to look at tweaking the RVMAT a bit so it's more "cleaner" and not showing the original imprint from the M version dashboard:

wip1751.jpg

A short video showing a tweaked MH-92 (Insertion) roll rate. It has admittedly been overly sensitive and after adjusting a couple things, got this result, and frankly much better:

Doing some facelift work on the AH-96, "covering up" the old defensive systems and adding the XX-92 style on the AH-96:

wip1752.jpg

wip1753.jpg

And some other model cleanup and improving:

wip1754.jpg

wip1755.jpg

wip1756.jpg

MH-60L Cockpit:

wip1757.jpg

And continuing with the AH-96:

wip1758.jpg

wip1759.jpg