Hi guys.

I'm slowly trying to learn 3dsmax, thanks to a few tutorials, by making basic shapes, trying to texture them, export them in lod...

So I have this shape, and i'm trying to apply multi-sub objects materials (like in this tutorial: 

)

Everything is fine, but in the end the LOD shows no texture at all. 

Do you guys have any idea why?

meshes intended to export as LOD format can't have multi/sub materials!!!

To make objects for this sim, the most important thing is to have a Diffuse map-- That's your texture bitmap. Bump maps and specular maps can come later as needed. Like Stary said, don't use multi/sub materials.

I recommend watching some tutorials on UVW Unwrapping. That was the hardest thing for me to learn to do properly, and often the most time-consuming part of the modelling process. The sooner you start learning it, the better. Good luck!

Perfect. Thank you russouk. There is a long road until i can reach your level of expertise

Hey russouk.

I had a look at your videos, thanks for that!

On the other hand, I still don't understand how to set animations to ailerons and elevators.

Do you know a tutorial for that?

Ailerons and elevators are not animated, the game engine moves them based on the relevant parameters of the ac_data.ini, what you have to do is to position and align their pivots to the rotational axis so they would move correctly.

We usually only animate flaps (if not simple rotating flap), airbreak, etc.