Sign in to follow this  
Snailman

Incoming Weapon Custom View

Incoming Weapon Custom View

Free/Incoming Weapon Custom View 1.0

This is a Viewlist.ini mod. Perhaps someone else have found out this trick, but here I share what I have done. It's a great modding tool as well.

How to Use

Copy VIEWLIST.INI into <your mod folder>/Flight

Press F9 for Weapon View (press F9 again to cycle multiple instances)

This is the Weapons View you had before, but you can zoom and pan freely. Great tool for weapon modders like me.

Press F10 for Tower View Incoming Weapon View (press F10 again to cycle more instances - if present)

Since I had to use WeaponInFlight instead of the non-working PlayerTarget entry, you can view any weapons that have been launched by anyone during mission. Missiles, bombs, rockets - as long as they have been launched but not yet impacted or self destructed upon the end of lifetime. Weapons launched both friendlies and enemies can be seen.

Example of usage: Upon "SAM Launch" message, press F10 as fast as possible to catch the launch moment of the incoming missile. Good if you want to practice evasion - or to feel pervert joy in seeing your enemies incinerated by friendly air defense systems. :diablo:

• Like 4

might be neat feature! :ok:

Wery interesting! Always had one of such ideas never got around to tinkering!

...Problem: error on download!!.... :blackeye:

Sorry guys, I found a very nasty typo and I had to correct it - I guess it has to be authorized again(

The game doesn't have 'padlock' to incoming threats; like a missile, which makes it really annoying and tedious to play. This is something available in almost every flight sim (especially Jane's USAF) except this one.

This feature would be a very big help.

Can this be used to corect the AI "AimPitchOffset=" for rockets ? and is it posible to add View for corecting AI "AimPitchOffset=" for guns?