FE2_and_FE1_Dogfightv2.3

View File

Dogfight version 2.3 for Thirdwire Simulators (Series 1 and Series 2)

If you had problems with the previous version not seeing your install this version
is far better at finding the files it needs and will produce a log file to help identify problems

Dogfight is a quick mission generator much like Microsofts Quick Combat and
Ubisofts Quick Mission Builder.
This simple little program is an attempt to add similar facility to Thirdwire products
without editing Mission files by hand, or struggling with a complex Mission Editor.
So, using it you should be up and flying against a selected opponent within a few
seconds (once you're use to the system anyway!).

The action begins at a seperation of 2-4 km.

To use you:
1) Start Dogfight.
2) Select aircraft types, numbers and heights, Pilot training etc.
3) Press the Red WRITE MISSION button.
4) LEAVE Dogfight running.
5) Start the Thirdwire Simulator.
6) Go to the Single Mission page and then Load Mission Menu.
7) Click on the name of the mission that you just created in dogfight(default is "0 Dogfight").

8) When you want to change the mission click on Alt and Tab simultaneously.
9) Select Dogfight, make your changes and then press the red WRITE MISSION button.
10) Return to the Thirdwire Simulator by clicking it on the task bar (or alt tabbing if you prefer).
11) ALWAYS RESELECT THE MISSION from the Single Mission-Load Misiion Menu to update the information.
12) Play the mission!

Repeat 8-12 as many times as you want

This sounds a bit long winded but you do soon get used to it.

Installion
-------------
Unzip Dogfight.zip.

Find the folder called Dogfightv2.3 containing:
templates (folder)
df.cfg
df.exe
readme.txt

COPY Dogfightv2.3 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is
an Options.ini file in this directory as well.

i.e Dogfightv2.3 and Objects are at the same level.

OPEN THE Dogfightv2.3 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM DF.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP
(or wherever you want to launch if from).

Testing
--------
DogFight has been tested with:
FE1 and FE2 (Viurtually all of the aircraft from CombatAce and the Skunkworks with Peter01 fms)
SF1 (chiefly SCW)
WOE (Principally Wings Over Russia and Wings Over Africa).
SF2, and SFNA2, (Skunkworks PTO) (CombatAce BOB) and with additional aircraft thrown in.
I've also tried it with some early Korean War era jets.
Only briefly tried it with more modern types.

The program was written using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010 C++ and FLTK.
FLTK (Fast Light Toolkit) is a great free package for constructing GUIs really quickly and easily.
Without it I doubt that I would have had time to write this program.

Thanks

Thanks to TK for creating a marvellous set of Sims. I love the way they work with TrackIR.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many add on creators at Combatace and
the Skunkworks who have given me many hours of great gaming.

I hope Dogfight helps to provide some entertainment for Thirdwire Simulator Users.

Gary Ireland

I installed this in FE1 and was flying a mission in less than five minutes. This utility is extremely easy to install and use. Thanks for making such a great addition to First Eagles!

Edited by Stephen1918

Finally downloaded and got it to work after a little adjusting (I have a separate install for "experimental" purposes).  It was interesting to see an Albatros with RFC markings on the initial try-out, but this was more of a self-inflicted wound from not reading directions!  

Glad it's working for you! Got to admit although I sometimes 'keep it real' I quite often just fly one type against another to see which is the best (well in the sim and with the way I fly them anyway!). One of my current favorites is  Sopwith Camel vs Dolphin - from both cockpits. I've flown mixed rotary engine squadrons of Camels and Dr1s against inline squadrons of Se5as and Fokker DVII.

Surprising what you find out about some of the flight models sometimes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nippy

View File Dogfight with Loadouts
      Dogfight version 2.6 for Strike Fighters and First Eagles (Series 1 and Series 2)
      Major changes in 2.6
      The Loadouts of the aircraft as defined in each aircrafts loadout.ini can now be selected. If you hover over the loadout in the list it will display the ordanance carried.
      Fixed bug which prevented some aircraft textures from being displayed.

This simple little program is an attempt to add similar facility to Thirdwire products
      without editing Mission files by hand, or struggling with a complex Mission Editor.
      So, using it you should be up and flying against a selected opponent within a few
      The action begins at a seperation of 0.5-4 km.
      To use you:
      1)  Start Dogfight.
      2)  Select aircraft types, numbers and heights, Pilot training etc.
      3)  Press the Red WRITE MISSION button.
      4)  LEAVE Dogfight running.
      5)  Start the Thirdwire Simulator.
      6)  Go to the Single Mission page and then Load Mission Menu.
      7)  Click on the name of the mission that you just created in dogfight(default is "0 Dogfight").

8)  When you want to change the mission click on Alt and Tab simultaneously.
      9)  Select Dogfight, make your changes and then press the red WRITE MISSION button.
      10) Return to the Thirdwire Simulator by clicking it on the task bar (or alt tabbing if you prefer).
      11) ALWAYS RESELECT THE MISSION from the Single Mission-Load Mission Menu to update the information.
      12) Play the mission!

Installion
      -------------
      Unzip Dogfight.zip.
      Find the folder called Dogfightv2.6 containing:
      templates (folder)
      df.cfg
      dogfight.exe
      readme.txt
      COPY Dogfightv2.6 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is 
      i.e Dogfightv2.6 and Objects are at the same level.
      OPEN THE Dogfightv2.6 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM dogfight.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP
      Testing
      --------
      FE1 and FE2 (Viurtually all of the aircraft from CombatAce and the Skunkworks with Peter01 fms)
      SF1 (chiefly SCW)
      SF2, and SFNA2, (Skunkworks PTO) (CombatAce BOB) and with additional aircraft thrown in.
      The program was written using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2017 C++ and FLTK.
      FLTK (Fast Light Toolkit) is a great free package for constructing GUIs really quickly and easily.
      Thanks
      Thanks to TK for creating a marvellous set of Sims. I love the way they work with TrackIR.
      I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many add on creators at Combatace and
      I hope Dogfight helps to provide some entertainment for Thirdwire Simulator Users.
      Gary Ireland
      See the Readme for more in depth instructions
      Submitter Nippy Submitted 10/12/2022 Category Utilities / Editors  
    • By Nippy
      Dogfight version 2.6 for Strike Fighters and First Eagles (Series 1 and Series 2)
      Major changes in 2.6
      The Loadouts of the aircraft as defined in each aircrafts loadout.ini can now be selected. If you hover over the loadout in the list it will display the ordanance carried.
      Fixed bug which prevented some aircraft textures from being displayed.

To use you:
      1)  Start Dogfight.
      7)  Click on the name of the mission that you just created in dogfight(default is "0 Dogfight").

9)  Select Dogfight, make your changes and then press the red WRITE MISSION button.
      11) ALWAYS RESELECT THE MISSION from the Single Mission-Load Mission Menu to update the information.
      12) Play the mission!

Installion
      -------------
      Unzip Dogfight.zip.
      Find the folder called Dogfightv2.6 containing:
      templates (folder)
      df.cfg
      dogfight.exe
      readme.txt
      COPY Dogfightv2.6 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is 
      i.e Dogfightv2.6 and Objects are at the same level.
      OPEN THE Dogfightv2.6 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM dogfight.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP
      Testing
      --------
      SF1 (chiefly SCW)
      The program was written using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2017 C++ and FLTK.
      Thanks
      Gary Ireland
    • By Nippy

View File Dogfight
      Dogfight version 2.5 for Thirdwire Simulators (Strike Fighter and First Eagles Series 1 and Series 2)
      Major changes in 2.5
      You can now select from multiple terrain positions.
      You can now select the texture that each flight of aircraft will use.
      You can now have 16 aircraft in each flight.
      Dogfight is a quick mission generator much like Microsofts Quick Combat and Ubisofts Quick Mission Builder.
      To use you:
      1)  Start Dogfight.

12) Play the mission!

Installion
      -------------
      Unzip Dogfight.zip.
      Find the folder called Dogfightv2.5 containing:
      templates (folder)
      df.cfg
      dogfight.exe
      readme.txt
      COPY Dogfightv2.5 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is 
      i.e Dogfightv2.5 and Objects are at the same level.
      OPEN THE Dogfightv2.5 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM dogfight.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP
      Testing
      --------
      SF1 (chiefly SCW)
      Thanks
      Gary Ireland
      Submitter Nippy Submitted 09/30/2022 Category Utilities / Editors  
    • By Nippy
      Dogfight version 2.5 for Thirdwire Simulators (Strike Fighter and First Eagles Series 1 and Series 2)
      Major changes in 2.5
      You can now select from multiple terrain positions.
      You can now select the texture that each flight of aircraft will use.
      You can now have 16 aircraft in each flight.
      Dogfight is a quick mission generator much like Microsofts Quick Combat and Ubisofts Quick Mission Builder.
      To use you:
      1)  Start Dogfight.

12) Play the mission!

Installion
      -------------
      Unzip Dogfight.zip.
      Find the folder called Dogfightv2.5 containing:
      templates (folder)
      df.cfg
      dogfight.exe
      readme.txt
      COPY Dogfightv2.5 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is 
      i.e Dogfightv2.5 and Objects are at the same level.
      OPEN THE Dogfightv2.5 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM dogfight.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP
      Testing
      --------
      SF1 (chiefly SCW)
      Thanks
      Gary Ireland
    • By Nippy
      SF2_and_SF1_Dogfightv2.3
      View File Dogfight version 2.3 for Thirdwire Simulators (Series 1 and Series 2)

If you had problems with the previous version not seeing your install this version
      is far better at finding the files it needs and will produce a log file to help identify problems

The action begins at a seperation of 2-4 km.

To use you:
      1) Start Dogfight.
      2) Select aircraft types, numbers and heights, Pilot training etc.
      3) Press the Red WRITE MISSION button.
      4) LEAVE Dogfight running.
      5) Start the Thirdwire Simulator.
      6) Go to the Single Mission page and then Load Mission Menu.
      7) Click on the name of the mission that you just created in dogfight(default is "0 Dogfight").

8) When you want to change the mission click on Alt and Tab simultaneously.
      9) Select Dogfight, make your changes and then press the red WRITE MISSION button.
      11) ALWAYS RESELECT THE MISSION from the Single Mission-Load Misiion Menu to update the information.
      12) Play the mission!

Installion
      -------------
      Unzip Dogfight.zip.

Find the folder called Dogfightv2.3 containing:
      templates (folder)
      df.cfg
      df.exe
      readme.txt

COPY Dogfightv2.3 INTO THE TOP LEVEL OF THE DIRECTORY WHERE YOU INSTALL YOUR MODS. There is

i.e Dogfightv2.3 and Objects are at the same level.

OPEN THE Dogfightv2.3 FOLDER AND CREATE A SHORTCUT FROM DF.exe TO YOUR DESKTOP

Testing
      --------
      SF1 (chiefly SCW)

The program was written using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010 C++ and FLTK.

Thanks

Gary Ireland
      Submitter Nippy Submitted 03/19/2016 Category Utilities / Editors  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..