DHIMAR SABRE PACK

After seeing the effectiveness of the F-86F Sabres in the hands of the USAF over Korea, the Dhimaris made overtures to the Americans to buy F-86's, however as the Dhimaris had close ties with the UK, they eventually settled on buying the licence built Mk-4 which was in use at the time by the Canadian and British Air forces, they eventually purchased MK-4 airframes for the Ground attack/interdiction role, and later on the MK-6 for a pure fighter /interceptor . They foung the engine and avionics fits , were more suitable for Dhimari needs, and used these aircraft until the early 60's with great success.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By clim995
      Okay so hear me out. I finally plated the NATO fighter campaign in 1953. Guess I just got tired with the short and sharp dogfights of the Radar missile era of the late cold war so I decided to jump to the 1953 campaign on the MiG-15bis cockpit. Well, I have experience with supersonic jet gunfights (MiG-19 is my all-time favorite) but riding the MiG-15bis with a vastly inferior engine is something I am not prepared for.

Sure, I could chase turboprop attack aircraft (A-26 Invaders are my favorite prey!) but I kind of struggle catching with jet engine ones without getting too distracted by my fuel reserves. Once I managed to trash F-84S (they were on a strike configuration and were running away) when I happened to chance upon two Canadair Sabres. They tried to run-away as well but I was too determined to catch them and I eventually did but then they dropped their tanks and turned around and an ensuing dogfight erupted between me and my wingman.

Suffice to say, in my opinion, MiG-15bis guns were horrible. The entire aircraft had the tendency to lose alignment when firing and the bullet ballistics is crap owing to the heavier caliber. The turn radius seems to be terrible as well, as the Canadair Sabre effortlessly managed to outturn me. Then I found myself being chased, completely at their mercy. A Sabre fired a 50 caliber salvo and grazed my wing, clipping my aileron (thank god the tank didn't explode) and I managed to emergency land to a nearby airfield while my wingman managed to shoot one of the Sabre who tried to finish me on my landing approach.

In my opinion, MiG-15bis is a terrifying interceptor and absolutely crap dogfighter, but still, I want to hear your side and opinions on this.

Is the MiG-15bis inferior at dogfighting or am I just a crap dogfighter (lol)? 

(screenshots of my MiG-15bis barely managing to escape from the two Murderous Canadair Sabre on my tail lol)

• By jeanba
      Enjoy :
      https://sandrermakoff.livejournal.com/641744.html
    • By Viper63a

View File SF2 "MiG Alley" Wings Over Korea (KAW v1.1) Hi-Res 1920X1080 Menu Screens and Music!
      SF2 "MiG Alley" Wings Over Korea (KAW v1.2) Hi-Res 1920X1080 Menu Screens and Music v7
      By Viper 04/26/2020
      Note: I removed all the nation sounds from this Menu packs for size reasons. If you intend to install the "VIPER63A HQ Menu Sounds" pack, please install that pack first. Installing the HQ Sound pack over the Menu pack may overwrite some of the menu specific music files. You can always re-install this menu pack to get the menu specific theme music back.
      I made these upgraded alternate "Korean Air War" themed Menu screens to go with Do335's "SF2 Wings Over Korea" package!

Pleae unzip the compressed file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are some alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.

If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up your FLIGHT and MENU folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.

To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT and MENU folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder.

My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win10 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...

C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Strikefighter2 Korea\

Enjoy!
      Submitter viper63a Submitted 03/15/2015 Category Menus  
    • By Viper63a
      SF2 "MiG Alley" Wings Over Korea (KAW v1.2) Hi-Res 1920X1080 Menu Screens and Music v7
      By Viper 04/26/2020
      Note: I removed all the nation sounds from this Menu packs for size reasons. If you intend to install the "VIPER63A HQ Menu Sounds" pack, please install that pack first. Installing the HQ Sound pack over the Menu pack may overwrite some of the menu specific music files. You can always re-install this menu pack to get the menu specific theme music back.
      I made these upgraded alternate "Korean Air War" themed Menu screens to go with Do335's "SF2 Wings Over Korea" package!

Pleae unzip the compressed file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are some alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.

If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up your FLIGHT and MENU folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.

To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT and MENU folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder.

My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win10 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...

C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Strikefighter2 Korea\

Enjoy!
    • By HomeFries

View File FJ-3M VF-211 Red Checkertails Skin for DCS F-86F
      This is part of a series of US Navy and Marine Corps skin packs for the FJ-3/FJ-3M Fury, the navalized variant of the F-86 Sabre (the M version being Sidewinder capable).

Fighter Squadron 211 (the Red Checkertails which were later redesignated the VF-24 Renegades, not to be confused with the VF-211 Checkmates designated in 1959) flew the FJ-3M Fury from 1956-1957 before transitioning to the F8U-1 Crusader. This skin pack features skins from the 1956-57 deployment aboard the USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) as part of Carrier Air Group 21 (CVG-21, Tailcode G).

Note: this skin pack uses an EXE installer that creates common texture folders and an autoexec.cfg (if you already have one, you can make manual changes). I would like your feedback on this system; if it works I intend to apply it to my other skin packs. If you have a 1.x version of this skin installed, then the installer will remove the old 1.x liveries and obsolete texture folders. Be sure to update any missions that used 1.x series skins.

A Note About Autoexec.cfg:

Rather than copying texture files to their respective livery folders, I prefer to use a series of common texture folders along with unique filenames. This allows a single instance of many of my common textures, and keeps the hard drive footprint to a minimum (especially nice if you run a SSD for your system drive).

The installer will add a series of folders to the DCS Texture path; if you do not have these folders created, then it is no problem. The autoexec.cfg included will automatically point to the Texture folder in your Saved Games\DCS folder, and regardless of whether you run the Open Alpha, Open Beta, or Release version of DCS, the path will always point to your Saved Games\DCS\Texture folder. Again, this saves space on your hard drive.

If you use your own Autoexec.cfg, then when prompted to overwrite you can click "no". This will create a file called autoexec.new, and you can manually make the updates as you like. Just don't modify the top line with the file date; this is used by the installer for version control. However, feel free to include it in your existing autoexec.cfg, so you don't get prompted to overwrite until there's another update to the autoexec.cfg.

If you inadvertently overwrite your autoexec.cfg, it is actually backed up as autoexec.old. Just open it and copy the appropriate information to the new file.

Updating from the 1.x series of FJ-3 Skins:

With the release of DCS World 1.5.4 and 2.0.3, the decal layer that once covered the entire model has been removed by Belsimtek. As such, organizational specific modex placement as well as modex placement on the wing is no longer possible. The modex (1xx-3xx) is now selected in the Mission Editor rather than by skin selection. For skins that have the BuNo on the tail, the last two digits of the modex are also used for the BuNo (this is not accurate, but just to allow a dynamic number on the tail).

Detail placement in textures based on USN skins by Crazyeddie.
      Special thanks to SkateZilla for the awesome Photoshop template.

You are free to use any of the textures in other skins or projects as long as proper credit is provided in the readme file.

-Home Fries
      Submitter HomeFries Submitted 06/30/2015 Category Misc/AI Aircraft Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..