Sign in to follow this  
alexis99

How do you alter number of aircraft assigned to a single mission?

I've just been flying the B-1B in single missions, and when I go to map view, I notice to my horror that there are often 20 B-1B bombers flying in formation behind me.

I'm supposed to be doing a stealthy low-bombing mission, and have enough kit to obliterate the target. I don't even need a wingman.

So, does anyone know what factors or entries in files that determine how many aircraft you are going have assigned in a single mission?

At the moment the only solution is for me to go on the radio, select "Squadron", and tell the loafers to RTB.

This might have been possible late in SF1 but can you go into the roster in briefing and click on the names to remove all the wingmen you don't want?

Yes just go under the roster and select the names of the wingman you don't wanna fly with that should do it pretty much

MigBuster & DEVIL11 have it right. Also you can open the single mission with the mission editor and change the number of aircraft assigned to your aircraft group. You could also try backing up and then editing the Target Values in the SINGLEMISSION.INI file so that you don't get as large a strike size for a given target value.

Edit: I missed that this was for SF1. 

Edited by KJakker

Thank you, I will experiment with this.

I thought maybe that it was something controlled in the aircraft files, because the B-1B is the first aircraft I have flown which exhibits this phenomenon.

What is really scary is that because there are so many aircraft on the airfield, one of them is backed up at the end of the runway, just past your take-off point.

Sorry guys, but neither of these suggestions work.

I selected a mission, went into the roster and saw a list of about 20 names assigned to the mission. I had to scroll down to see them all.

So I clicked on one; left click, right click, hit the delete key. Nothing.

No pop up menu to allow delete.

So that's a fail.

I extracted the Single Mission.ini with the catfile extractor.

There were three Target values.

Call it women's intuition, but to me those Target Values looked like the sort of things you were awarded in your post-mission score.

But anyway, I changed the values to very low figures, and still got the massively high number of Wingmen.

So that's a fail too.

Weird how this plethora of wingmen only occurs with the B-1B.

Okay, I've fixed it.

It's in the B-1B Data File.

The aircraft type is down as BOMBER, and that gives you around 20 aircraft supporting you on your strike.

If you change aircraft type to ATTACK, then you just get a wingman. Which is just perfect.

I checked with the F-117 which usually loads up as you and a wingman, and noted it was typed as ATTACK.

The roster has no bearing. You get a full roster of pilots at your base, whether you are flying with twenty planes or two.

There's one for the Knowledge base, eh Yubba?