Sign in to follow this  
PFunk

My Mod Folders are Doing Something Weird...

You know the instructions for those 'all-in-one' mods that eburger68 assembles for us?  You know how they say you're supposed to delete the entire Objects folder before dropping the mod into the folder?

Whenever I light the sim back up, the default object folder for the stock planes and ground objects are no longer re-populating.  Any stock aircraft that it might use is now unavailable.  This has never happened before.  Is this something that Win10 does now?

Edited by PFunk

are you deleting the actual objects folder?...if so make sure it is intact with all subfolders....easy to miss

Quite right. If you delete the stock Objects folder, the new Objects folder you introduce will no longer have any reference to the Stock aircraft, unless you repopulate them with the specific stock aircraft folders containing the relevant aircarft.ini 

Allow me to elaborate;

Lets assume you are installing ODS.

After the process of creating the Mod folder by copying the .exe, renaming it, starting it...etc, you then delete the Objects folder within as directed. Then you copy the aircraft mods that ship with the ODS package. You will find there is an F-15C but no stock F-15A as originally part of SF2:Europe. If you want it you will have to re-introduce it.

Okay.  That's just so weird, because I was almost certain that the game would re-populate those stock objects when I lit it up.

Okay.  That's just so weird, because I was almost certain that the game would re-populate those stock objects when I lit it up.

only if there is no object folder.  Then it will re-populate.  Usually when you are installing one of those AWESOME mods, you don't want all the stock planes because then you have aircraft and objects that were not part of the specific period that you are installing (ODS or Falklands, for examples) 

that works the same as before in Win7 and continues to do that in Win10. 

It's kind of handy in the sense that I can see everything that should be in that particular mod, there's no extraneous folders confusing me.