Sign in to follow this  
PFunk

A Couple More Questions...

I'm just now returning to the world of SF2 after taking a couple of years off from it.  I'm going to focus on mostly eras of flight that the engine knows how to handle, like Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, etc.  I might play around with some of the newer aircraft, but I know the game doesn't really mimic modern combat very well.

But, I have some questions.

A.)  Does the game engine still refuse to generate night missions in campaign mode or has someone figured out how to force that?

B.)  Does the AI still have problems using chaff/flare pods (the external ones, I know it can use the internal ones as well as external ECM jamming pods)?

Thanks for any help you can give me so I know how to proceed.

1. Night missions will be generated IF the player craft is night capable (chk data.ini)

2. Yes, if game is 2013 version. (I use july 2012)

If its naval campaign, no.

Thanks.  So, as long as I'm land-based, I can fly at night?  I can work around that.  Night carrier traps give me hives, anyway.

I'll alter my Tornado GR1 files to have chaff/flare dispensers in the aircraft itself.  I can always turn the BOZ-107 pod into like a datalink or somesuch.  Sure wish TK would offer a patch to fix the functionality issues, though I know he's done with it.

There used to be a mod that reduced your red or blue targeting boxes to the size of a couple of pixels.  Anyone know where it is?

There used to be a mod that reduced your red or blue targeting boxes to the size of a couple of pixels.  Anyone know where it is?

The size of the targeting boxes are defined by the BoxSize= entries in the huddata.ini

You can also try the dot label mod: http://combatace.com/topic/86215-showing-label-as-a-dot-mod/

This mod overlays all friendly/enemy objects within a 10 nm radius with a blue/red dot. The disadvantage of this mod is, you lose the target info box.