MigBuster

Mirage 2000 pilot interview: Cutting it in the ‘Electric Cakeslice’

After mastering the Lightning  and Tornado, the RAF’s Ian Black volunteered to fly France’s hottest fighter, the superb Mirage 2000. Black explains what is was like to fly the ultimate Mirage, and how it fared in dogfights against the most formidable fighters of the 1980s. 

https://hushkit.net/2016/10/13/mirage-2000-pilot-interview-cutting-it-in-the-electric-cakeslice/

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 2

Gotta love Mirages !! even if a 16 can eat 'em for brekkies.

Not exactly, as said the pilot, the planes are very different, and the winner is the side which fights with its best caracteristics.

Basically, the F16 has more sustained maneuvers capacities and the Mirage better instantaneous capacities

The Mirage is best at low speed, the F16 at medium speeds 

The HAF tends to disagree. So does the TuAF. There are more F-16s in the Aegan Sea than submarines in the sky, you know...

I guess it all depends on the pilot , I am not an F-16 o'phile by any stretch of the imagination, but that is purely on looks I guess, I just love the Dassault bureau aircraft, they look deliciously French, also I am a big fan of SAAB's , 16's and 15's aren't on my all time favourite list, although they are damn fine aircraft.......and well proven too, but.......all I can say is......Mirage........nuff said   :wink:  :wink: