Is there a Weapons Editor which is specific to SF 1 or will any Thirdwire Weapons Editor do the job.

Mues tools .....but i believe the Thirdwire editors will work on all versions

Notepad is a good option tho.

not for Gen1 -- when editing weapons, you need to create/update the WeaponsData.Dat file, as well as the WeaponsData.Ini.. Only the weapons editor can do that.

The 1stGen WE is in the downloads section, or should still be available at 3rd Wire

Can anyone tell me how to get the frigging Weapons Editor for SF 1 series games to work, Iv'e done a few installs into SFG and WOE but nothing has changed.

This drove me crazy at first, too.....

Make sure you have extracted the weaponsdata.ini from the objects.cat file with a cat extractor. Place said ini file inside Objects\Weapons\  (if not there, create it!) with the weapons editor program. Also, run the editor with compatibility mode set to Windows 98/Me if in XP!

Hope it works!

This drove me crazy at first, too.....

Make sure you have extracted the weaponsdata.ini from the objects.cat file with a cat extractor. Place said ini file inside Objects\Weapons\  (if not there, create it!) with the weapons editor program. Also, run the editor with compatibility mode set to Windows 98/Me if in XP!

Hope it works!

You've lost me already glasstrain, but at least thanks for the reply anyway. !!!