Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

Animation from one model to another

Hi All,

I started by taking the CF-18 plane and redo the painting in order to get the proper tones of grey BUT i would like to get the animation from the FA-18C model.

I know the CF-18 is based on the same model, but what i don't know is if something have to be done in the LOD file or it's just a matter of line editing in the data.ini?

Also, if i pull too hard on the stick at high speed, the CF-18 wings are ripped off and crash, but not on the FA-18C?!? I saw in the data files there is a G-Limiter on the FA-18 but not on the CF-18, is that it?

So any input or something i have to show you the animation things would be fine (need the add the wing folding, ladder, canopy and fuel probe), if possible of course!

Compare the wing's StructuralFactor value of the two planes ..

Animations are part of the lod files, cant be moved from one to another nor changed by ini edit

Also, be careful not to use the old LOD. AFAIK the CF-18 available in various mod packages still uses a very old LOD, while the American and RAAF Hornets have been updated properly with high quality skins and new LODs. There was also an interesting CF-18 mod which reproduced the various upgrades the plane received during the years (much like stock SF2 aircraft, you could choose between various CF-18s, with different year span, loadouts, avionics, etc).

I look forward to this new project of yours, 1977Frenchie! The CF-18 needs a proper update!

• Like 1