Sign in to follow this  
Guest chuckpuah

EAW Windows 10

Guest chuckpuah

Hi everybody. I´m a big fan of European Air War game, i was wondering if you have a link to download it for Windows 10, and bring me back to the best WW2 combat simulator ever.

Is there anything you could do for me? Thanks to you all. 

David. Venezuela

Sure, V1.0 (The CD) or 1.1 or 1.2 (official patches) or the EAWPRO or v1.28+ (preferably v1.60) will all run on Win10, 32 bit or 64 bit, 'natively'

Read my  'First Use' and  'Install'  Help Documents for details at my EAW Help Site:  eaw.neocities.org

Edited by MarkEAW

There are two new issues as of this year with Win10 and EAW. (Actually these issues came April 2018 and perhaps a month or two before)
-The Frame rate is lower...(Lower than Win7)
-The screen transitioning to the flight screen and back is extremely slow; (for the screen to change while the game loads or unloads textures and models, etc...)
Its gone from a 2 sec screen switch up to 10 secs  or more. (The Win10 April 2018 update did this).

*Using the DXWND wrapper cures performance issues now that the Wrapper works correctly in Win10 (It didn't before with EAW correctly). FPS and Screen transitioning is fast again. Althought the plans apear to jitter slightly, like a little lag.

*You can use EAW in Win10 'nativly' if you wish. See my EAW Help Site for usage.

Edited by MarkEAW
updated text to new findings

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MarkEAW

View File Animated Mainscreen for EAWPRO & 1.x derivatives
      Animated EAW Main Screen. It can be used with all versions of EAW 1.x.
      By VBH

Submitter MarkEAW Submitted 10/24/2018 Category EAW - Europen Air War  
    • By MarkEAW
      Animated EAW Main Screen. It can be used with all versions of EAW 1.x.
      By VBH

• By MarkEAW

I'm in need of ANY EAW archives / files / zips that any old EAW pilots have sitting on there HD or backup CDs.
      Can you find it with in you to search for your old (and new) EAW files from back in the day (or today) so that I can archive them in my Shared Public Resource?
      I'm in need of even more files to fill the resource before the files or old EAW users are no longer available.
      To see the organization I did , please got o my EAW Help Site:  https://eaw.neocities.org/ and find the download link there.
      Please contact me by PM here on CombatAce or I'm on SimHQ too. Let me know where to download your files from or send them to me.
      Thank You in advance.
    • By MarkEAW
      I have written and rewritten my Help Doc EAW using Multiplayer
      I hope they are helpful for anyone.
      (I included most of the info I could test and scrounge up)

https://eaw.neocities.org/multiplayer.html

If there's anything I should add to these two docs, please feel free to post here to let me know if there's anything I missed or what not. Thanks.

• By viper63a
      Is it me or the SF2 download section not showing anything? I have to go to "Download" and look in the right pane for downloads?
      =v=

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..