Hello,

It's been a long time since the last time I played the game or adding any models to it. So  what I need help with is how to add model airplane to the game?

I tried searching the forum to find how to add a new airplane, but couldn't find any ,may be I am just getting old lol.  So my question to you all please can someone tell me after downloading the files do I just place those folders in their correct location in the game folders only?  because I did so and the airplane does not seem to show up in the game. so my question to you is there is anything that I am missing please let me know.

Thank you all very much for your help.

UMM

Hi!!!!  Once you have downloaded and extracted the files to a safe location (e.g. desktop) just drop each of the files contained in the folders, to the correct directory (aircraft to arcrafts, weapon to weapos, effects to effetcs, sounds to sounds, and so on) You could find these TUTORIALS helpful. Have a nice day!!!!

• Thanks 1

and always, ALWAYS read the enclosed read me text

• Like 1

Gentlemen do I extract the files to the game folder or this C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 

I tried both but with not lock:stars:

On 3/12/2018 at 12:42 AM, Wrench said:

and always, ALWAYS read the enclosed read me text

I tried but it didn't understand :blush:

18 minutes ago, umm said:

Gentlemen do I extract the files to the game folder or this C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 

I tried both but with not lock:stars:

almost. as i am sure is covered in the knowledge base...

object folders (the aircraft, decals, weapons, pilots) will go into the above plus\Objects. this should make it appear in game. they will not show up if outside the objects folder

better functionality will occur for the things like effects, sounds etc will go in their respective folders (FLight, Terrains, Sounds etc) these folders go into the overall mod folder (the file path you wrote above)

most modders i have observed the last few years set things up so that you unzip the file (you did remember to do that right?) then open the folder and drop everything into the overall mod folder. example: my recently released  JSTARS had objects folder, wtih the aircraft and decals inside. it also had a sound folder, with the proper sounds . After unzipping all could be dropped in as you asked because the aircraft was already in a objects folder

HOWEVER, you have to pay attention esp to some of hte older mods. not everyone does what i described. so if the things are not already in a objects folder and hanging out loose in the overall mod folder, it will not show.

hopefully the level of specificity you were needing to get it to work.  Question for you: is there a specific mod that is giving you a fit or is it all mods?

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

almost. as i am sure is covered in the knowledge base...

object folders (the aircraft, decals, weapons, pilots) will go into the above plus\Objects. this should make it appear in game. they will not show up if outside the objects folder

better functionality will occur for the things like effects, sounds etc will go in their respective folders (FLight, Terrains, Sounds etc) these folders go into the overall mod folder (the file path you wrote above)

most modders i have observed the last few years set things up so that you unzip the file (you did remember to do that right?) then open the folder and drop everything into the overall mod folder. example: my recently released  JSTARS had objects folder, wtih the aircraft and decals inside. it also had a sound folder, with the proper sounds . After unzipping all could be dropped in as you asked because the aircraft was already in a objects folder

HOWEVER, you have to pay attention esp to some of hte older mods. not everyone does what i described. so if the things are not already in a objects folder and hanging out loose in the overall mod folder, it will not show.

hopefully the level of specificity you were needing to get it to work.  Question for you: is there a specific mod that is giving you a fit or is it all mods?

Thank you very much. Your post helped locate the issue I was having and make some progress. 
With regards to your question, its just that its been a while since I've played and so I don't remember how to do things.
One more question if you don't mind me asking; SquadronList.ini          is this something that automatically gets created? or am I supposed to do something to get the squadron list to update with the new squads?

Thank you very much.

there is a squadron list in the core files. some mods (including my older ones) have them to add new units. there are many of them out there floating about

personally i think mine are the best (and not just because I made them!) because i discovered you can leave entries blank, and add in units all the way up to 2999 (possibly higher, haven't tested higher than taht tho). stock has around 214(?) units. myself and Homefries added probably about 500 more units to that, and the newest versions have blank groups of slots waiting for anything from WW2 units (hmmm hey Wrench) to Ace Combat squadrons. if you use mine, just run it by me so i can update it. but with my current projects it hasnt been needed.

if a mod requires it, it should have it ready to go. if its not in one already, it goes in the PilotData folder of the overall mod folder. if a mod doesn't require it, don't worry about it

Hi daddyairplanes ,

Thanks a lot for you help :drinks: on the way to the download section :pilotfly: